Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. V

    New HO layout Town Container Terminal

    Hows this?
  2. V

    New HO layout Town Container Terminal

    Changed the switches as per suggestion. Added a passing sliding at the best place, let me know if it looks ok. Unable to put a crossover at the end of the container terminal, they just wouldn't fit.
  3. V

    New HO layout Town Container Terminal

    Trying to get away without making any height adjustments because the second you add a second level it complicates it all, so here is the single level layout. Are the changes you suggested implemented correctly? (I'm still new)
  4. V

    New HO layout Town Container Terminal

    Small update, green track will disappear off into the moutains and disappear under the container terminal before coming out near the industry, I think it gives the train some freedom instead of backwards and forwards. I think I made the changes correctly UP2. If not do you mind drawing what...
  5. V

    New HO layout Town Container Terminal

    Small update i think this it what UP2CSX was after, still catching up on all the terms.
  6. V

    New HO layout Town Container Terminal

    Change of plans I've been doing lots of ready and now dislike loops and shrug them off as being boring. The layout below is one I am currently toying with, the line represents a risen level to be divided by a brick retaining wall.
  7. V

    New HO layout Town Container Terminal

    I am trying to keep my layout as simple as possible to get everything out of it that I need while using only the track I already have. I never did like my original layout the loops down the bottom were a little silly and I really wanted two main tracks around the outside with more sliding to...
  8. V

    New HO layout Town Container Terminal

    I think I will just put some hills, maybe a small farming community or something there or maybe some industry feeding off the back of the terminal. The only thing I worry about is the lower loops how there is no real way back to the main line without going around in circles. I guess I will need...
  9. V

    New HO layout Town Container Terminal

    I played with it a little bit. Please advise if this is what you were thinking or if I got it all wrong.
  10. V

    New HO layout Town Container Terminal

    I plan to start the incline right down the bottom right corner as soon as it leaves the main ovals and have it at a 3% grade or there abouts right upto the top right corner, going slowly back down along the top and back down the top left side if that makes sense so it should work out ok I hope.
  11. V

    New HO layout Town Container Terminal

    Thanks for the reply, it would be a very steep slope, any ideas on how I could design around that?
  12. V

    New HO layout Town Container Terminal

    This is some of the pictures I have gotten my ideas from. Have yet to find ideas for the container terminal or the bridge in the moutains. Any idea where I can get buildings like these? Or are they scratch built?
  13. V

    New HO layout Town Container Terminal

    Hi guys, looking at creating my first layout in HO, I already have my baseboard setup in a 2.4m by 2.4m square. I plan to have a large town center with streets cars and buildings with a passenger station in and around the loops down the bottom. The track will then rise up into the mountains that...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top