Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. Y

    Want to get back into a childhood hobby.

    John, speaking for myself, I love switch operations, I love breaking a train up, and getting the cars to the right industries (I do it on a schedule). I have 11 low number turnouts, and everything is freight. I'm working in N scale, as I live in apartment, and I can literally spend 6 hours...
  2. Y

    Has gas prices cut into your modeling?

    Not for me, old faithful just got totalled, guess I'm looking for a new car tomorrow. :(
  3. Y

    Number Twelve Coffee Shop is now open

    Glad to hear that Jeffrey. Makes me thankful to live in a place where we don't get those extreme storms.
  4. Y

    Its been a while but im back!

    Personally I think it looks fine, just keep plugging away at it. For scenery, your MUCH further then I am. I haven't even started yet (I'm not modeling hills and such, right now operations is in the front seat.)
  5. Y

    Sawmill complex

    Very nice, I can smell the sawdust just looking at it.
  6. Y

    Number Twelve Coffee Shop is now open

    I hear ya Jeffrey, I'm a former FF, and today is my birthday. editted to eliminate political comment leg
  7. Y

    Ideas wanted for making a highway

    Please let use know how it comes out, I'm rather interested as well.
  8. Y

    Weekend Photo Fun 9-5/9-8

    So far I'm rather impressed with how far N scale has come. Last time I modeled N scale and toy were the same words. And yes, she's a GE.
  9. Y

    Weekend Photo Fun 9-5/9-8

    I realize it's after the 8th, but I'm so proud that I finally got a new loco that I had to share: Sorry about the bad lighting, I really need to get some portable lights... :(
  10. Y

    New Toys of Summer

    Jim, around here they cut slots in the shoulder, we only get about 30 days of snow a year, just enough to have winter, not enough to be miserable. I wish I would have had that tractor at the old house, we inherited a 12hp rider when we bought it, and while it cut the weeds fine, it just wasn't...
  11. Y

    New Toys of Summer

    I say the same thing about huricanes Chris. I thank my lucky stars for clean air, and SNOW. :) Larry, that is one nice pair of rigs. I'm hoping that soon I need a tractor like that.
  12. Y

    switchers and freight yards

    Clair, I don't find that boring at all, That's exactly what I love to do. I've never heard of atest, but that doesn't mean much, I'm rather new around here. There's a wealth of information, and Josh is one of the brightest when it comes to locos.
  13. Y

    How to hide wires on/under laytout?

    I plan on using Melamine on hinges, only problem is that I ordered it with my other construction supplies, and like an idiot hung it on the wall (melamine is what is used on dry erase boards) so I now have a 4x8 dry erase board that I'm reluctant to cut up...
  14. Y

    Question about actual trains

    Wow, that's something I always wondered about, good question, and good answers. :)
  15. Y

    Weekend Photo Fun 8-29/9-1

    Jerome, I really like that first switcher!
  16. Y

    Modeljunction site down?

    Try entering http://66.7.192.230 into your browser... That's it's internet address. If that gets you to the site, call up the ISP and complain.
  17. Y

    Random Track Plan thoughts From the mind of Hanson!

    Are you going to be running large cars? For a shortline I would think the 15" curves would be ok.
  18. Y

    Modeljunction site down?

    It could be a bad DNS cache at your ISP, I used to run into that with my old ISP all the time, I finally got ticked and started running my own DNS, but that's not something I recommend for joe user, it's a bunch of work to set up properly and maintain (something my old ISP did not do).
  19. Y

    Modeljunction site down?

    Funny, it loads fine for me in FF3.
  20. Y

    Model Railroad Hobbyist: A Threat to MR?

    I really want a waterproof one to take in the shower, then I could really be connected.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top