Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. nx9100

    Lionel Legacy and MTH DCS

    Question: Can Lionel's Legacy system run side-by-side with MTH's DCS? Can both systems run engines at the same time on the same track, without interferring with each other? If this is possible, please tel me how. Thanks!
  2. nx9100

    Repaint of the Lionel Missile engine (thoughts?)

    yep, he's there...
  3. nx9100

    Ideas for a 'James Bond' themed train (o-scale)

    I have been planning this for some time, now, and thought I'd ask for some ideas for a 'James Bond' themed train. This is what I have come up with: -The Lionel Phantom III for the locomotive -an auto-rack car with three models of Bond cars and one empty space for the invisible Aston...
  4. nx9100

    Repaint of the Lionel Missile engine (thoughts?)

    Thanks for the imput! And I have a few cars that do go with the engine. Making a 'Halo' themed train. Oh, and I now the radio-active symbols don't match the missiles, but they were molded into the plastic, so I decided that since they were there, might as well make them stand out. I will...
  5. nx9100

    Repaint of the Lionel Missile engine (thoughts?)

    I bought the remake TMCC-equiped version of Lionel's missile-firing diesel locomotive, and was pretty upset that for $300 I got an engine that was all green, with only white 'U.S. ARMY 99' markings. So, I decided to detail it myself. Still have some work to do, but wanted to get some imput...
  6. nx9100

    New club for Chicagoland-Illinois area idea.

    Anyone in the chicagoland-Illinois area interested in forming a small Lionel club? I have built a small table (pics up later), for 0-27 track, and left two dead-ends for attaching future tables. I run this as the fictional RF Railway, and would welcome other owner-opperators. Interested?
  7. nx9100

    Rock Island's new 2007 Paint Scheme

    Yes, i vote for #3. it looks great!
  8. nx9100

    Colors for Polar Express cars

    Hey, if you do a good job with the replica, maybe you could sell the idea to one of the model companies, and make some quick cash!
  9. nx9100

    Was wondering

    Try hobby shops, look for Testors Decal Paper. You can make the decals on your computer, resize the paper, and print them out. Oh, and you do need a can of Testors Decal spray. just spray it over the printed decals, wait about two hours, cut-soak-apply. They look great, amd you can creat...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top