Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. Boxcab26

    How to achieve that "no ballast" look

    I'm modeling a logging railroad and from the images I've seen of the prototype there was little to no ballast on the logging spurs. I'm at a loss to find a way to do this on my model railroad. Anyone experiment with this? Any help is appreciated!
  2. Boxcab26

    Bachmann 45 ton switcher

    Wow, I've ben jonesing for one of these. I see all listed as "Out of Stock" what are you looking at for back orders?
  3. Boxcab26

    Bachman On30 2-8-0 in 1:1 scale

    Yes, they do. It would make an AWESOME kit bash, dontcha think?
  4. Boxcab26

    Bachman On30 2-8-0 in 1:1 scale

    Yup, it's real! Here is the prototype http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw0aq8EgGS0
  5. Boxcab26

    Why I Like HO Track for On30

    The ballast is red dolomite from a mine near there. It's the most beautiful ballast you'll ever see. When up close it sparkles due to the mica in it. Tough to walk on though, you'll turn a ankle easy if your not careful. The line would make a nice model railroad though!
  6. Boxcab26

    Why I Like HO Track for On30

    That's a real 30" gauge railroad I work on in Virginia City, MT. The locomotive used is the prototype for the Bachmann On30 outside frame 2-8-0. I'm privileged to be a student fireman on the locomotive. Learn more at: http://www.virginiacitymt.com/AlderGulch.asp
  7. Boxcab26

    Why I Like HO Track for On30

    Here is what my 30" gauge track looks like up in Virginia City, MT. Looks big enough for me! Laid to Milwaukee Road standard on red rock ballast, and all "hand laid". Looks more like your HO track then your On30. Guess it's just gotta be laid right.
  8. Boxcab26

    U-Link_n_Pin Drawheads for the On30 Bachmann 2-8-0

    Cool! I'm a student fireman on the prototype of that model Alder Gulch, Former NdeM #12 in Virginia City, MOntana. Nice to see the model gets around!
  9. Boxcab26

    Grandt Line 23 Ton Boxcab

    Well, got to work! Cab is ready, added a bigger airbell and horn. Motor needs wiring, but it's ready to go. If I had a soldering iron it would be an honest days work. I'm forgoing some of the detailing knowing the service this motor will be put through. I plan on lighting it directionaly as...
  10. Boxcab26

    Grandt Line 23 Ton Boxcab

    Not to be newb but what are IIRC's and PDT's?
  11. Boxcab26

    good way to strip paint?

    The 91% took the paint right off! Cheap and it works. I like it.
  12. Boxcab26

    Athearn Genisis Challenger

    :rolleyes: As if this could never happen to an American manufacturer. I'd saw warranty repair.
  13. Boxcab26

    Grandt Line 23 Ton Boxcab

    Hmmm....DCC...yes, yes I could...
  14. Boxcab26

    Grandt Line 23 Ton Boxcab

    Is there a remotering kit out there?
  15. Boxcab26

    Grandt Line 23 Ton Boxcab

    Just picked one up. Anyone out there have any experience with them? Building, painting, running? Not much out there on the web I've found.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top