ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
G
As far as structure goes I am not really going to rely on the surface for much other than horizontal rigidity so I think 1/4 ply with foam glued to it will work. I am going to do some tests and calculations for the structure. I am a Mechanical Engineering student so I can figure this out. The...
-
G
The more I think about it the more I think I should possibly just build a yard in two sections. Probably 2'x6' or so. Those would be realtively flat with the buildings removed and also light enough to handle. Then if they work out well I could build other sections. That way I would see how...
-
G
I plan to have removable sections, this is a very preliminary plan I have been messing with. I am still working on figuring out how to use the Atlas software so I haven't got elevations in correctly and the track will all be flex track. I like the longer mainline I get with this design, if I...
-
G
Trackplan
I plan to use 1" foam over a 1/4" high quality plywood and 1x4 pine around the edge with 1x2 cleats that the plywood will be glued and screwed to. I think this will provide the rigidity needed. I may even use 2x4's across the lifting points or perhaps aluminum I beams or something...
-
G
I am working on designing a layout that will be able to be hoisted to the ceiling in my garage. I need one dimension to be 8' so that the suspension system will be on the outside of the door tracks. I have about 11 feet of depth to work with but a vent takes up about 2 feet on one end with...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)