Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. F

    The D&J Railroad -- From Scratch

    Very nice prototypical speed. Subscribed!
  2. F

    Laying roadbed

    Motley, do you know if the laytex caulk is compatible with foam board?
  3. F

    Turnout question

    I thought I replied, but it is not showing up. I am utilizing 2" foam with NO plywood underlayment. The foam will be glued directly to my benchwork. I read, saw a video, etc. where a guy cut a pocket on the top of the foam and layed in his tortoise on its side and somehow was able to utilize...
  4. F

    Turnout question

    You are correct the thickness of the foam may create some issues. I chose 2" thick foam but have no intention of utilizing plywood under the foam. I am attaching the foam to my benchwork. I saw one video where a guy cut a pocket into his foa( from the top) and mounted his tortoise machine on...
  5. F

    Turnout question

    With the many options available for benchwork, ie plywood, plywood & homasote, plywood & foam board, my question is how do you mount a Tortoise switch machine if you utilize foam board only.
  6. F

    My first Layout - a 5' x 9' Modern BNSF Freelance

    Subscribed and anxiously waiting for more




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top