ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
Y
OK, thanks. I completely understand about settling on one Code and sticking with it. And I would definitely mix flex track with sectional....however how do the two compare as far as availability is concerned? After doing some research, this is what I've found:
1. Code 83 appears to be a bit...
-
Y
Wow, I didn't even know such a thing existed! Thanks!!!
-
Y
Incredible benchwork, Jim. Can I ask you what method you used to make sure the grade in the wood sub-roadbed was acceptable? I know it's best to stay at about 3% or less.....I just don't know how I would be able to accomplish something like this.
I'm looking through the rest of the thread...
-
Y
Thank you!!
Wow. Thank you all for the great advice and such thoughtful answers. I certainly have come to the right place!...:)
I was only leaning towards Code 83 because I thought it would provide more realism. However, since we're beginners I'm sure our first layout is probably going to be a...
-
Y
After reading through some of the threads, boy am I glad to have access to you guys!
My 11-year-old son and I are planning our first layout. I've spent the last 2 months reading everything I could get my hands on and searching the Internet for as many resources as I could find. I have to...
-
Y
Thanks, Randy! I guess I'll have to borrow my brother-in-law's Mac!..........:)
-
Y
Randy,
I'm pretty much in the same boat. My 11-year old son and I are trying to decide on a layout. I have a 6 X 12 workable space and just can't seem to nail down a track plan that I like. Can you tell me what software you used to come up with that track plan? I've been using "Anyrail" and I'm...
-
Y
When you say you "add one or two shims for support" doesn't that support need to be underneath the entire length of that section of track? It would create a "bump" or a little hill, if that was not the case, right? Also, why does the roadbed have to be thinner for the more industrial tracks? I'm...
-
Y
Well, I'm planning on a layout from the early 1950's. I have a BLI 4-8-2 steam loco and 5 PRR passenger cars. I'm going to freelance this whole project but I'm trying to base it on some local towns here in Pennsylvania. My scenery will include a small town, a mountain with at least two trains...
-
Y
At a recent train show, I noticed that most of the club layouts did not use any cork roadbed at all. They simply attached the track to either a foam layer on top of the plywood base OR they used another material instead of foam, such as homasote. Would I be able to do the same? When I include...
-
Y
Well, that settles that....:)
Thanks to all of your for your input. I was leaning towards NOT using EZ Track and your input was very valuable.
-
Y
Hi,
I'm planning my first HO layout. Can someone tell me if it's better to use EZ Track or regular HO scale track? I've heard that EZ track can limit your abilities to expand the layout and limits your options. Also, are there significant differences in cost between the two?
Thanks in advance!
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)