Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. RxROtto

    To Solder or not to Solder?

    That's the question. Is it really a necessity to solder all of your tracks together? It seems that the rail clips should do the same job. Or is it a precautionary step to be sure that the voltage is always maintained over time? Thanks RxROtto
  2. RxROtto

    Types of N Scale Track

    Is there one track better than another? I am doing a research on the different types of track to use on my N scale layout. I have seen many types of different track from different companies is there really one that is the best or is it a personal preference? Is the brass better than the silver...
  3. RxROtto

    N Scale Curve Radius

    When they talk about curve radius, where is the measurement actually taken from? I am trying to pencil in my layout on my board and am trying to see if what I have designed will actually will be feasible. Thanks Again RxROtto
  4. RxROtto

    "N" Scale Grade

    As I have said in other posts here that I am going to be working on a N scale track layout. I have decided to have a grade on my layout. I have read several posts and if I am understanding correctly that my grading should be no more that 2 inches per 4 foot. Now the grade will be on a curve...
  5. RxROtto

    DC or DCC???

    Can someone explain the difference between DC & DCC? I have read several posts here and just become more confused. I will be operating N scale on a 3' x 4' layout. It will have two complete circles and several siding tracks.
  6. RxROtto

    N Scale Track Layout

    Can anyone either show me or tell be where I can find N scale layouts that would fit a 3' X 4' board that would be able to operate two trains at once. I am looking for something not too complicated. Thanks for any help RxROtto
  7. RxROtto

    "N" scale Railroader from Florida

    Hello Everyone, I am so excited in joining this forum. I am looking forward to learning and building my first railroad. I have chosen "N" scale for my first. I am going to start small on my first rail project, something like 3' x 4'. I figure that will give me a good first taste of railroading...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top