ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
M
I'm using a combination of Atlas C55 and Peco C55. There is an issue joining the two. The Peco C55 is actually C80 with an extra flange. The rail below the upper flange is buried in plastic (ties, etc.).
The most common method of joining the Atlas C55 and the Peco C55 is to mash down half of a...
-
M
I think you should spend some time looking around. I've got a list of bookmarks for various N manufacturers. Many are not carried by Walthers. Sometimes you need to go to different on-line retailers to find things or dirrectly to the manufacturers. For instance, a look at AMB (American Model...
-
M
That was 18,000 in 2003. He was missing 80 of MT releases up to that time. So, add one of every car MT has released since then.....
That wasn't his only collection. He had some Concourse d'Elegance quality classic cars, western memorabilia. Three buildings worth of stuff he showed us.
-
M
About 10 years ago I was at an N scale meet in the state of Washington. Got a tour of one of the top 3 Microtrains collectors. He had, at that time, over 18,000 Microtrains cars. I have been humble on that subject ever since.
I've got around 750 cars, most of which will go on my layout. Still...
-
M
It's not the degrees that's the problem, it's the radius. For 30 " wide table the largest radius would be 14" but a little less would be better. I don't know the available radii for the Kato Unitrack but there are some that will suit your purpose. Maybe 12" or 12 1/2"
-
M
Keep in mind that Bachmann has a pretty good return policy. Send it to them and they will repair or replace. You just pay shipping.
-
M
I'm starting a rather large layout (38' by 18' plus a 8' by 18' leg). I've used Atlas code 80 and 55 as well as Peco code 80 and 55 on previous layouts and NTRAK modules. Here is my rational for the new layout.
I really like the Peco turnouts and the Code 55 looks a bit better than the C80. The...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)