ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
My wife and I had a similar game on my HO Scale Chigger & Santa Fe RR layout for several years. The game would go on for weeks without a word spoken about it.
I had modeled the vehicles for everyone in the family, including my Baby Blue 1979 F250 4x4 Ford pickup with its home-made headache...
-
Here’s a little grain auger that I scratch-built from styrene and wire (except for the wheels)...
CD in Oklahoma
-
If you don’t mind an old “has-been” joining in....It seems like there are a lot more 1/87 vehicles available now than there were back in the 90s when I had to kit-bash or scratch-build most of my vehicles to get what I wanted. I worked highlines back then, so I had to have a pole-setting crew on...
-
Of course, to keep peace in the family.....a guy’s gotta haul a train load of kisses every once in a while....
CD in Oklahoma
-
Thanks. It’s a 38’ modified Athearn 5900 Husky Stack car. It’s silver because I ran it in a short 6-car MOW train that had 4 track scrubbers (SW7 Cow & SW7 Calf with abrasive pad shoes, Revell 40’ Tool Car with stones, and an IHC Wide-vison Caboose with soft pad) that I would run while working...
-
On a more serious side (from my previous posts in this thread).... the C&SFRR hauled several electrical power transformers too.
CD in Oklahoma
-
And as a smoke-less tobacco user, I had to have a place on the layout for my snuff can...
CD in Oklahoma
-
I eventually switched from money to candy....
CD in Oklahoma
-
Then there’s the occasional Easter Egg load that the C&SFRR (Chigger & Santa Fe Railroad) hauled between 1990 and 2000. Plastic “eggs” were filled with money (bills - my kids were too old for coins by that time) and each “child” was able to select an egg, call for the train to stop, and they...
-
I forgot to add information about the trackplan. The layout was two-level, connected with a hidden incline/decline to the lower level. It was common-rail DC with code 100 NS track (a mixture of Atlas 9” and Atlas Flextrack) and Atlas turnouts. There was a piece or two of Atlas Brass 9” track in...
-
Hello from a new member in Oklahoma. I built and operated a mythical HO Scale layout, called the "Chigger & Santa
Fe Railroad", back in the 90s. I was watching the real-life ATSF abandonment of trackage in southwestern Oklahoma
during the time, so the setting for the layout was of the 1980s &...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)