ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
I would have to say I have three favorites.
Any SD40-2 and the WC SD45's(saw many of these in action), and also the Fairbanks Morse H24-66 trainmaster. I wish the H24-66 would of lasted longer. I read that they were ahead of there time back when they were built.
-
Grain...Grain...and more Grain.......
-
So instead of a double crossover have RH and LH crossover next to each other. Is this how the real life RR's do it on the main.
Does anyone have any pics of there layout with this setup or a double crossover.
-
Just wondering what is the general rule for running a double crossover on the mainline, do you usually need them near towns or side industries. Should you have more than one on a Double Mainline in different areas.
Thanks.......
-
-
Thanks for all your replies.
I am going to use 30" radius curve on the double main line.
On the branch lines and tracks in town I was thinking of using a 22"-24" radius. The area where I am using the smaller radius 22"-24" I am running smaller switchers and Geeps, maybe a SD40-2 once in awhile...
-
Just wondering how far apart do you space a double main, and you do keep this the same for curves. And is this measured from the center of the track.
-
Looking for a Powered Chassis for a Walthers GP9M.
I do have a shell/just no powered chassis.
Let me know what you have.
Thanks Mark.......
-
I did the same with some of my noisy units and it does help.
The drive units are virtually indestructible and easy to work on.
The blue box units I have work and run just fine and with some detail they look real nice.
-
Nice job on the lighting.
I like them Conrail units.
-
I see that you are a CN fan do you model them also.
I live right behind the mainline to Green Bay WI.
I am about 60 to 70 yards from the tracks.
In a 24 hour period we see about 10 to 12 trains-counting the locals.
-
Welcome and glad to have you hear.
This is a great site with many helpful people.
Check out that Forum posted above.
-
How thick of foam board do you recommend using for my layout.
Or do some of you not use any.
Thanks Mark.......
-
Great job on the Loco, it turned out real nice.
The video you did was awesome, just think of the exhaust if you were running an ALCO.
-
Thanks for all your responds.
Mark.......
-
Awesome pictures.
I have already saved them on a file for my HO reference.
I got those pics of the SSR units at Filmore SK-Thanks
Is that your normal route or do you get to other areas in SK.
Thanks again For the pics and keep them coming.
Thanks Mark.......
-
Looking for a Athearn Blue box FP45 shell.
I do not care what road name cause it will get painted, just has long there is nothing broken.
It has to be a FP45 not F45 shell.
Either pm me or put a reply.
Thanks Mark.......
-
Nice pics of the SSR.
I wonder if there is anything on the internet on this newer railroad, I will have to look and find out.
-
Great video and the scenery in BC was awesome.
Thanks for sharing.
-
Yes my Saskatchewan Railroad is freelanced.
Right now I have about 1/2 dozen Locomotives mostly older stuff.
I will try to post some pictures and update my profile.
Mark.......
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)