ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
S
You have a complicated layout- from the few pictures posted that I saw. I would think that you might use more flex type track and permanently install everything. I still have not decided on a course I will take.
What I do like are the DCC controls.
Can one link the operation of all the...
-
S
Its just a hobby. Yeah stick with it for now.
-
S
Its just a hobby. Nothing toget excited over.
-
S
Just seemed cheap. The grey or silver is better than the black. The black looks very cheap. I question how many times you can set it up and put it away, It looks like it wil lnot stand up.
-
S
*****************
I am starting from scratch.
I bought Kato, EZ Track, and Atlas. I sold all the stuff except for the Kato track on E Bay. I am the same as you. #6 switches.
I am looking for quality.
I bought some Bachmann stuff and sold it all.
The Proto engines I like. I bought...
-
S
I have been away from HO, and getting back into it.
I bought some Atlas and EZ Track.Do you have any experience with Kato ?
-
S
I have a smaller layout. I bought the EZ Track, looked at it at decided to sell it on E Bay and replace with Kato. The EZ track has more pieces. Kato seems better made.
-
S
> So with this being said, what do I need to purchase for EZmate couplers that I can accomplish this with? One car in particular is a Boom and Tender setup Bachmann #1437. I thought I could just purchase the coupler from Bachmann that would be a direct replacement for the old ones, but I...
-
S
Actually what is small ??
I looked on You Tube and guys with small layouts seem big.
I think the smallest practical is 40 x 72 inch, and that holds just one 18"R loop. Probably 48 x 72 is the smallest. That allows double loops plus some extra half loops.
In an appartment it is good to...
-
S
I am not an expert.
After being away from HO for some time I re-started.
But I have bought a variety of equipment and am still testing some.
I am making a smaller layout with DCC and some good engines. I am using silver EZ Track for now.
But I am happy to chat.
Both EZ Track and...
-
S
Interesting. I am the same as you, just getting back.
But I took a deep breath and went DCC. Also, quality is important and I prefer Proto and MTH engines based on my buying and testing a variety of stuff. The Bachmann cars are okay. You can buy what you need on E Bay not too expensive...
-
S
Very nice plan. I live in an appartment and came to the same conclusion. I was tempted to build a linear layout. But I settled on two parallel loops like your design.
Have two loops connected by crossovers plus perhaps a third line or oneor two half loops for staging.
My only twist would...
-
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)