Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. G

    Albuquerque, NM

    New Mexico has a commuter type train that runs from Belen -- I think -- through Albuquerque to Santa Fe. It's called the RoadRunner and is quite colorful. Athearn has a produced a set consisting of a locomotive and three cars. And then there's also Amtrak.
  2. G

    Photo retouching?

    First let me explain that I am a retired journalist. Editing or photo shopping a scene for personal use is OK:cool:; for publicatioon anywherre is and will always be a NO-NO.:eek::mad::( Gardner
  3. G

    MTH SD70 Ace

    Mth sd 70 ace The system is a new Digitrax Zephyr, purchased in mid-January. When I change to DC, I turned off the Zephyr by disconnecting the unit from the 120 v household circuit. Then I connected a DC transformer (MRC) the layout track. I have been unable to change the address of the...
  4. G

    MTH SD70 Ace

    Mth sd 70 ace I think my question was not clearly stated. I don't have a problem running the MTH, it's the sound in DCC. There is none, zilch, nada, nothing. How do I turn it on other than run the loco in DC? Gardner
  5. G

    MTH SD70 Ace

    Thanks for the tip, I must admit that the SD 70 ACE is running much better today. The loco must have had a steroid shot overnight. Gardner
  6. G

    MTH SD70 Ace

    This is a beautifully done BNSF locomotive :)on the outside, buit is the weak sister of my fleet:mad:. A 5-year old Athearn Genesis 70 Mac, recently converted to DCC, can out-pull it. I'd even bet my BB CF-7, also converted, has more pulling power.:eek: I'm also disaappointed by the sound...
  7. G

    A few digatrax questions

    I have a brand new MTH SD 70 Ace and cannot program it on my brand new Digatrax Zephyr plus. I've tried everything a newbie can try and that -------- thing just sits there and won't turn a light on.:mad: The thing runs great on DC and even makes sounds. Why doesn't Digatrax publish a...
  8. G

    Digitrax DCS50 Issue

    If you think that strange, here's a better one. I have a brand new Zephyr Xtra -- I'm a newbie to DCC by the way -- and have been running some old, some updated Athearns, and two brand new locos. The new ones are loco locos. First the MTH 70Aces ran but without sound, one time on another...
  9. G

    Mixing Track question

    transition It also makes for a smooth transition from-to sections of track and/or switches of the same brand. Gardner
  10. G

    Athearn Blue Box

    staanchions To prevent bending the stanchions when mounting on the locomotive, use needle nose pliers. To finish the installation task, remove the shell from the frame. Then use a set of regular pliers to squeeze the stanchion foot into the mounting hole. Be careful since a little sqeeze on...
  11. G

    I don't understand.....

    In my first post, I mentioned that I didn't understand all I knew about Dcc. Well, this has become more complicated now since I have learned more and have a major question or series of questions. Those of you who are dcc veterans can tell from the questions that I am a rank beginner. I have...
  12. G

    Atlas Code 100 6" Straight??

    Just a thought ..... Why don't you use 36 inch code 100 flextrack to begin with? Thus, you will not be bothered with odd-ball lengths of track. Gardner
  13. G

    Preferred DCC Systems

    New to Dcc I am just getting into DCC and have been looking around at units. My LHS recommended a Digatrax Zephyr plus which I ordered through him. Reading all the comments in this thread, and securing an equipment manual though the Digatrax wed site, have convinced me that I made a wise...
  14. G

    what digatrax....

    Thanks for your suggestions. I am wondering what specific options I have for decoders which will work with my older Atlas locos. I am aware that most DCC manufacturers conform with the AMRA standards which results in a number of decoders that would suitable. My problem is these Atlas models...
  15. G

    what digatrax....

    I am a newbie when it comes to DCC and have several locomotives from the 1990s I'd like to convert to digital operation. My questrion is what decoder should I purchase for Atlas GE C30-7 and U36C locomotives. I asked about Digatrax because I'm purchasing one of that company's starter sets...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top