Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. W

    Ole' Reliable

    How would you guys rate Kato?
  2. W

    Ole' Reliable

    What manufacturer puts out the most reliable HO locomotives with DCC installed?
  3. W

    FRUSTRATION CITY.. Who's to Blame For This?

    Al, I appreciate your comming on board. Let me mention a few things that have been going on; 1. Power to the track has never been a problem. There is about 260 feet of total track. The Digitrax Super Chief System with a DCS100 powers about 1/3rd of the track and then a DB150 booster...
  4. W

    FRUSTRATION CITY.. Who's to Blame For This?

    Just a few more things; The Atlas Silver SD 40-2 in DC, item 2 above; the motor - wheels turned with the engine off the track and wheels placed against the poles on a 9V battery. But replacing it on the track motor and wheels wouldn't turn. Today I placed another new out of the...
  5. W

    FRUSTRATION CITY.. Who's to Blame For This?

    Frustation city This is to bring you all up to date on (newly named rail road - "FRUSTATION CITY") where I am at this point. Once again, all of my engines are new with factory DCC and Sound and only 7 of about 30 have caused problems so far. 1. Atlas SD40-2 Master Series with DCC & Sound...
  6. W

    FRUSTRATION CITY.. Who's to Blame For This?

    Frustation city Like I said; I now have the one Atlas DCC Unit running but none of the others. As was suggested; tomorrow I will try hooking up the DB150 to a piece of track, without going thru the PM42, and see what that does. Also, Rico and Terry mentioned trying DC. I don't have a DC...
  7. W

    FRUSTRATION CITY.. Who's to Blame For This?

    HamiltonBlue, You shrewd rooster you. Here's the result from track wiring the section of track; I was able to reserect the Atlas DCC Diesel with Sound using the reset procedure (the magic wand), but no bringing the Atlas DC diesel nor the BLI DCC Cab Forward nor either of the Bachmann...
  8. W

    FRUSTRATION CITY.. Who's to Blame For This?

    Ok! Here's the Deal: Several years ago I started buying a few new HO engines, rail cars, and a new Digitrax Super Chief 5A System with the idea that when I got a place to put it all together I'd have a head start. All items were bought new at hobby shops. Either walked in or bought online...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top