ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
B
Well as much as I wanted to start building my layout right now, I'm not gonna be able to. I finally got my wish and got called up to ENGINEER SCHOOL!!!! It's 4 phases with the first phase starting in McDonough, GA. I wish all of you the best and I'll be back on here as soon as I get time.
Good...
-
B
Thank you!!! I added this to my favorites.
-
B
Did I hear NS mentioned?? lol
-
B
Thanks and I agree up2csx!!
-
B
How do you like working with the cork roadbed drew? I'm prolly going to be using it on mine and I want to hear how other mr's like it.
-
B
You've got alot of work left to do but it looks like it's gonna turn out awesome!!! Keep us posted on the progress!!
-
B
I'm actually going to run double mainlines at the top and take out the connector track in the middle so there's not gonna be a reverse loop anymore.
-
B
I like that paint scheme to Tankist!! I like how they labeled the locomotives that have a/c (alternating currents) with lightning bolts next to the numbers.
-
B
Well like I mentioned in my intro post I'm looking into building my own "N" scale layout. I've been doing alot of research the past few days and I finally found a track plan that I want to model. I picked another book from Atlas called Nine N Scale railroads and the one I'm doing is called...
-
B
Why would you not build a track plan from it Western Star? I only ask because it's the issue I picked up and I actually found 4 really nice track plans that I'm considering building.
Oh and BTW those Western Star's are some nice tractors!!! We have them come through our intermodal yard all...
-
B
The "101" is a pretty decent book. If "102" is better then I might have to pick it up. The "101" is giving me a few ideas of what I want to do. I'll prolly just stick with it and chose a layout out of it.
-
B
Thank you leghome!! I'm not sure as to which track I want to go with. I was thinking about going with an ez-track system but I like the look of the cork-bed under the track because it makes it look more realistic IMO. I've built several little "N" scale layouts but nothing like I'm planning to...
-
B
Would they have this book at my local hobby store or do I have to order it online?
:EDIT: I called them and they have the 101 but not the 102. Anyone know where else I could find it?
-
B
Thanks Rico!! I've been looking at doors and plywood to start my layout. As soon as I find a track plan that I like then I'm gonna get started. I found a few track plans on Kato's website but they're so freakin' exspensive and I want to go with a cork roadbed over the stuff that they make...
-
B
Hello everyone! Let me start off by saying that this is a great forum as I've been reading through it. There is a wealth of knowledge here and I look forward to learning alot from y'all.
A little about me. My name is Brian and I'm from Jax, FL and I currentl work intermodal for Norfolk...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)