Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. K

    Totally lost with everything... Where do I start?

    Very easy reading and put in "stupid people" terms thank you very much for the explanation that makes a lot of sense. I was thinking Atlas track is the way to go. it looks the easiest to work with. I am thinking I am going to stick with pre-fabbed stuff vs. do it yourself kinda track...
  2. K

    Totally lost with everything... Where do I start?

    is it safe to assume that mixing and matching different track is ok? I have looked at pictures of crossing and such and it seems like all the atlas stuff seems "insulated" so the cross portions of the track never touch I've used Atlas stuff in the past before and it's seemed to help up...
  3. K

    Totally lost with everything... Where do I start?

    My understanding is that everything that I purchase has to be DCC "ready" correct like tracks and such? Turnouts and so on? Thanks Phil
  4. K

    Totally lost with everything... Where do I start?

    ok so I have read some of those websites and still a little confused. I understand the concept of DCC now and it seems like it's exactly what I am looking for. Now when I go out and look at some of these items on line what should I be looking for? DCC-Ready or DCC-Equipped ? also is...
  5. K

    Totally lost with everything... Where do I start?

    Hello, I am not new to model trains but it's been a while since I've done anything with model trains. I would like to get back into it but it's been like 15 yrs or so ... Where do I start reading up on this? What is up with DCC stuff? ARRRGGGHH I am confused Could anyone point me in...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top