Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. I

    AC Power Supply?

    One of the best power supplies, reasonably priced, is second hand laptop computer power supplies. Most computer suppliers have them. Ian
  2. I

    DCC NEWBY Question

    It was/is the Hornby Select that was not NMRA compatible and is known to cause problems with their own decoders as well as most others. The Hornby Elite is OK and NMRA compliant but is cumbersome when operating functions. Re what decoder. Any NMRA compliant decoder will do the job. It...
  3. I

    track booster

    There were some systems that would not program/read QSI sound decoders on program track without powerpac of sort wired into the program wires. Older Lenz only needed a 10 ohm resistor in series in one of the prgm wires. Newer Lenz(v3.6) don't as NCE powercab and ECOS do not either...
  4. I

    Do you use DCC [Reprise - 2009]

    The last 14yrs of my 33yrs in MR has been DCC. I could not go back to DC, it is just to hard and no fun at all for me. I started with a Lenz system, 3yrs ago bought an ECOS which I connect the Lenz system to for walk around throttles. For those thinking about DCC it is not as expensive as...
  5. I

    Now what....

    Sorry, I should have stated I operate with DCC (14 yrs). Dead sections are not required. I have always used Peco points and not a big fan of electrofrogs. I fit a bridge wire from outer stock rail to solid part of blade rail on each side of insulfrog point. This is done so there is no reliance...
  6. I

    Now what....

    Electrofrog of insulfrog, I always fit insulated(plastic) rail joiners to all four(4) rails at frog end of points(turnouts) and put separate power feeders to all sections of track including points. A little extra work I know, but I never get voltage drop or shorts between points. Insulated...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top