ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
50. One of these days I'll grow up...
-
Grandfather was in charge of the yards at 30th Street Station, Philly. Dad was the one that started in the hobby along with an Uncle, both Pennsy heavy. I inherited my Dad' stuff so that pins me to the PRR. Although I wouldn't mind a RF-16 NYC Lighning Stripe running my rails...
-
I enjoy the photos. In some cases, learn some things also.
-
Defines seperation of legal ownership versus operation of the line. A company may own the line itself, but allows another company to run operations on that line.
Edit: CBCNSfan beat me... :)
-
I'm taking notes here as I begin to lay track but I have a question on the following two;
Is this assuming that one is using flex track, so soldering the connections is to take place before placing on the roadbed and forming it into it's curve?
So am I to "pull" the moveable rail out...
-
97 Trans Am. Not stock...
-
It's mixed emotions to start back up in this hobby. My early childhood years were peppered with a 4x8 Christmas platform that seemed not to appear less and less throughout the 70's, 80's and 90's. The HO collection that I had from my father were relegated to being dusty boxes that were forever...
-
Wow, you all are awesome with the information and suggestions. Thanks much!
I'm still getting the plywood and foam board down. It will still be a week or two before track is seriously laid down.
Nice point on that MDT. That thing is a little possessed devil if it finds a volt or two on its...
-
Thanks.
Big steam are ones that always catch my breathe. The Strasburg Railroad was a place that was visited a few times in my life and I would stand gawking at the likes of a Great Western 2-10-0. Then feeling the locomotive through the ground into my feet as it slowly pulled in and out of...
-
I'm not so connected to this old guy as I am to some of the others that I have. It was from an uncle and it never had decent pulling power during my ownership. With limited track siding space, I think I'm going to set this one aside for now as I rather go for some Bachmann RF-16 Sharks, both A...
-
Thanks all.
No wonder I had trouble locating a replacement.
Armed with the C415 info, I found the following;
http://www.ho-scaletrains.net/atttrainsresource/id80.html
Thanks much. :)
onwards,
ron
-
Well I figured out that it is necessary to hook up the tender for the locomotive to work. Bahahahahaha. SO once I did that, it was sweet to see the K4 move back and forth on the two feet of straight I put down for its quick test. Then I packed the K4 back into its box and put away for now until...
-
Just bought a brand new K4. Awesome piece.
Also brought out my old friend an Alco Super 630 from 1976.
But my question is, what type of diesel is the #9078 Penn Central?
It's dead and was thinking of replacing it, but without knowing what I am looking for...
-
Dang, That decimates my whole motor vehicle fleet of Hot Wheels and Matchboxes of fifty-plus vehicles. There's going to be a nightmare at the HO DMV when the operator's permit for those vehicles are revoked...
I guess, and I'm newbie here so please correct me if I am wrong, that Lego...
-
Thanks all. You make me smile. Knowing that there is a the ability to sense which power is in the rails makes me feel better. I'll get a couple of feet of 9" straights put together this weekend and check out the K4.
But I do have an Plymouth MDT B & O Switcher that is an old friend to test...
-
Hello all.
After nearly decades of "talking about it", I have finally started to put together a modest HO scale platform in the finished basement. It has taken this long because of the gazillion other household projects that were priority and the traditional family demands. Now the timing is...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)