Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. S

    Birmingham History - Republic Steel Thomas Plant. Dial up Destruction, new pics P7/8

    Dear Glenn My apologies for the delayed response. I've been tied up with a million other things. Thank you for your help. I am now waiting for Plastruct parts, and I think I have a pretty good idea now how to connect everything up. Good enough for a model anyway! cheers Val
  2. S

    Birmingham History - Republic Steel Thomas Plant. Dial up Destruction, new pics P7/8

    Hi Glenn Thanks for posting! I have some excellent reference from the HABS/HAER site, including a diagram that identifies many of the tanks in front of the benzol plant. I'm not sure about posting any of the HABS photos here, as there may be copyright issues, but if you go to that site...
  3. S

    Birmingham History - Republic Steel Thomas Plant. Dial up Destruction, new pics P7/8

    Hi Rex and Willis - thanks for the kind comments and the warm welcome. cheers Val
  4. S

    Birmingham History - Republic Steel Thomas Plant. Dial up Destruction, new pics P7/8

    Wow, stunning photo's! Looks like something from a calendar. And thanks very much for the schematic. I'm going to study it and see if I can co-ordinate that info with the HABS diagram I have. I'll post a couple of shots of my progress soon. I am at the piping stage, and it's going pretty slow...
  5. S

    Birmingham History - Republic Steel Thomas Plant. Dial up Destruction, new pics P7/8

    Many thanks for the welcome Eric. I wish I were close by too. Any shots you have of the piping around the benzol plant would be great. It's a real challenge trying to figure out how things connect. Do you or Glenn have any idea what the tanks outside are called? I know the tall one is the wash...
  6. S

    Birmingham History - Republic Steel Thomas Plant. Dial up Destruction, new pics P7/8

    Hi folks - my first post here. This thread, and all the photo's are absolutely amazing!! All the more so because I am currently building a model of that very benzol plant!!! I'm using photo's and drawings I found at the HABS/HAER website, but some of the great photo's here answered a question I...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top