ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
L
I know this a late answer but I used a medium temp glue gun , works great. I use it on the ends of the ties after the track is pinned in place where i want it.
-
L
I agree that A is nicer in my eyes if you turn that crossover to an overpass. Dual track mainline running is great. Perfect place for fancy bridgework. A gets my vote.
-
L
I had some old encyclopedia's and some where i found a remedy. Use sheets of bounce fabric softener in between some books. It worked for me and I bet this will work for you too. anyway try it, it might work for you.
-
L
Blue collar is ok. Been a transport refrigeration technician for a large juice company in Bradenton, Fl for the last 12 years.
-
L
If you check out my photos in collection you can see what I did in N scale with only a few more feet then you have. Check it out for ideas, though mine is a work in progress.
-
L
Its funny, I remember grampa with this CBQ buckle he had. Yep you guessed it. I went Burlington Route, its my favorite.
-
L
In a word no, they look good in the yard is about it. Low profile is the ticket.
-
L
Looks good, I know what you mean when you finally get it going forward. Very creative lighting too.
-
L
One way is to use a yardstick and drill a hole at 1 inch then the other at 23 to make 22inch curves and put a nail in the 1 in mark and use a swing arc to get your radius. A very simple tool with no need to buy anything. Of course 22 inch radius equals 44 inches total with 2 inch on each end of...
-
L
You really need to think outside the box so to speak. I see an island in the middle to start with then going to the wall just right of the door. Along the walls you can go 30 inches 36 tops. Proceed to the closet area leaving plenty of room for access go right but only to an aisle you leave to...
-
L
Hello burning metal, I am new here also and building a pike for myself in n scale. I picked out a plan from 101 model railroads you can build and stretched it to fit my area and preferences. Double track main line was a must with a yard and also branchline so I picked number 65 from the book...
-
L
I used 15/32 birch sandwiched with 2'' foam board, coupled with foam risers and incline sets makes for a sturdy and quiet foundation.:p
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)