ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
C
I might as well throw in a few...
Here's some of my run-thru power:
Custom Painted BNSF downgrated SD45-2
Custom Painted BNSF GP40-2M
Custom Weathered BNSF SD70MAC
Here's one of my switchers leading a test train up the main out of staging on my "under construction" 25x31 basement railroad.
-
C
Ask and you shall receive!
My Engineer-buddy custom built 64 CP Rail SD40-2's:
Here's a close up of his amazing work:
The cool thing is: He's ran every one of them when he was an engineer for CSX!
-
-
C
Ah yes, the "Otto Kuhler". I do believe the real thing is for sale: http://www.trainsale.com/8029.htm
Where in North Jersey Steve? I grew up watching trains at CP5 in Ridgefield Park.
-
C
Post a picture of it! (I'm trying to get ideas for some more!)
I've got 3 custom built cars myself. But, you'll have to wait for the pictures as they'll be entering the paintshop in a week or two!
Thanks!
Bry
-
C
...on a railroad!
Hey Everybody!
As for me, I'm a locomotive engineer/conductor for a shortline in Michigan.
Bry
Delaware Valley Railroad
-
C
You know Jim, my engineer suggested that to me tonight. I'll do that!
Bry
Delaware Valley Railroad
-
C
I should be receiving my package from Walthers at the end of the week. (Sigh) I'll go find some "red glitter nail polish". I better bring the fiance along :D
I also realized that I have never soldered before. Time to hit up my Dad in South Carolina for some advice.
I'll post some pictures once...
-
C
Red glitter nail polish???? Jim????
Bry
-
C
Found!
Thanks to Dan at Walthers Customer Service, we located the markers!! Precision Scale p/n 33306.
Whoooo-hooooo!
Bry
Delaware Valley Railroad
-
C
I looked at what Precision Scale had to offer on walthers.com and I did find some, but I don't want to break up those lovely curves with a bulky caboose marker. I'll check again.
As for the prototype, I don't think it's NYC or GN. The Creek-series have 5 large windows, but the window...
-
C
Help!
Hey Guys,
Can someone recommend a proper set of marker lights to mount on each side of the car???
Thanks,
Bry
-
C
Thanks!
Thank you for the compliments!
I'm ordering some roof vents, marker lights, a diaphram, and interior details tonight. I'm also going to pickup a custom drumhead for the Obs. end of the car. I would like to add HEP receptacles, but I don't think I want to breakup the smooth curves on...
-
C
Good Morning Everybody,
I thought I'd drop in on the model side of railroadforums.com and join the fun.
Here's my current project.
She's a Balboa streamline observation car. I picked her up on Ebay for $40.00. The seller stated that part of the plastic underbody detail was broken off. The...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)