ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
T
Hi Mike,
I am not sure how or if you can configure the decoder to act as a switch/turnout. I have built some switch/turnout decoders for my new layout but I didn't use them on the current/temporary layout. The turntable is there for the kids, and I figured the loco decoder would do for that...
-
T
Hi Mike,
I am glad the post was useful. As I mentioned, any 12 volt bulb should work as well as a voltmeter. I had a couple car bulbs for other purposes around the track, but a small bulb like a locomotive bulb should work as well (not an LED, a good old filament bulb). I don't think the power...
-
T
Hi Mike,
I have an atlas turntable as well. Sounds like you have worked out how you will align the tracks with the turntable. The turntable motor will need DC as a regular locomotive would (motors are similar) allowing you to reverse polarity/direction as needed. It sounds like you are new to...
-
T
It appears it will work well, if not a bit slow(? recharge times)
With the switch in it's present position, current will flow through r2, the switch machine coil A and q1. It will also flow through r3, charging up c2.
Throw the switch and c2 discharges across coil B and through q2 while...
-
T
Hi Jim,
I am not sure about being ahead, as all I am doing is putting together things others have designed/programmed/etc. I'm just a 'dcc kit basher' for the most part.
I have been itching to try out the PDA since I started putting this stuff together. I know it is not really practical...
-
T
Hi Again,
I had a chance tonight to try something I have been curious about. I have a couple of old Axim PDA's with network capability and wanted to try them out as wireless controllers with touch displays. So I fired up Rocrail, setup an ad-hoc network connection from the PDA to PC, and with...
-
T
Thanks Doug.
I have been trying out Rocrail and JMRI. Although I have not spent enough time to choose, I like creating lots of individual throttles in JMRI so as to control many locos simultaneously. DCC is amazing.
Donald, I haven't read alot on s88, but from what I can gather, it is a...
-
T
Wow Donald...some impressive stuff.
I have not gone too far into design at this point. Just this week, I finished all five (instead of 4) of the Minimaus throttles (xpressnet) and the PC interface for the already finished NanoX-s88. The only customization made was to add an emergency loco...
-
T
Hi Jim,
After being away from the hobby for some 25 years, I take my hat of to the many who have created such fantastic layouts. In trying to create our layout, I have been amazed and intimidated be the fantastic work and ideas out there. I find the art of modelling far more challenging than...
-
T
Hi!
I recently built a dozen of the MERG decoders and for a command station/handhelds, I tried the NanoX-s88 and 4xMinimaus handhelds at:
http://www.tinet.org/~fmco/home_en.htm
It works well, but since starting I obtained a Prodigy Advance command station as part of a large purchase...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)