ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
D
I remember in the 70's the PC used one for the local from Toledo, OH to Adrian, MI. I saw them regularly there.....so, yes, they did use them for local service.
Brian
-
D
Thanks guys,
I know it will work on 10 foot radius. It'll probably work on 8 foot radius as well.
Brian
-
D
Hey guys,
I just finished this scratchbuild project and thought I should show it off here! :D
For reference, the body is 3 feet long. Everything except trucks, couplers, airtank, and brakewheel is scratchbuilt. Even the decals I had to make. Most of it is Styrene or ABS plastic. The...
-
D
Here she is!!!...:D...since this photo I've added the paint date and an ACI plate.
Enjoy!
Brian B.
-
D
Here's this weekends progress....I built all the windows (what a pain)....they came out pretty nice.
Brian B.
-
D
Charles,
That's mighty nice!
It's too bad we lost Mainline Modeler magazine......
Brian B.
-
D
Sean,
Love the CP vans...I modeled CP in 'O' scale for several years.
Now,.......here's my latest caboose project.....it a 1/8 scale version of my DT&I #89 caboose....it's made from 1/2" furniture grade plywood.
Brian B.
Modeling DT&I 1980ish in 1/29 scale
-
D
UPDATE:
I've finished up the model.
Now to work up the courage to weather her.
Enjoy,
Brian B.
-
D
Crandell,
That's an excellent adaptation....and your scene is fantastic.
Brian
-
D
Here's mine.....my latest scratchbuild project. A 1/29 scale version of DT&I's Flatrock,MI diesel era sand tower.
The model is almost entirely plastic. The main support tube and storage tank are PVC plumbing pipe. The rest is Evergreen and Plastruct structural shapes. The expanded metal on...
-
D
Thanks guys,
I took other videos that I may eventually upload, including one looking in front of the train as Larry suggested.....it was enough to figure out how to upload and join Youtube to begin with.
Larry, none of it is on the ground.
Brian B.
-
D
Hey guys,
I just uploaded my first Youtube video.
Climb up into the Railgon gondola and enjoy a ride around my outdoor
track. The train is 1/29 scale and has the DT&I GP38-2 #1776 as the lone power on the point with 28
cars and a caboose stretching out at about 65 feet long.
This...
-
D
Thanks again guys,
Littlefoot: It's made out of plastic. It has onboard batteries controlled by CVP Airwire900 R/C DCC with a Soundtraxx DSX sound decoder. Each truck has a can motor inside it. Great speed control and no track cleaning...in fact it will run anywhere.
Brian
-
D
Thanks guys,
Aaron: I don't have much HO (only a couple cars I plan on using as reference to scratchbuild some in my scale). Speaking of scale....1/29 is exactly 3 times the size of HO. So, it's 3 times as long...3 times as wide...and 3 times as tall....that increases the mass by a lot! What...
-
D
Hey all,
I've been whittling away at this project for a couple years and now it's finished.
This is a USA Trains GP38-2 modified to represent DT&I's version of thier Bicentennial unit.
It's 1/29 scale. Battery powered Airwire R/C DCC with a Soundtraxx DSX sound decoder also.
Enjoy...
-
D
Thanks again guys!
I have been busy casting up enough pieces for a few more of these.
I'll end up with another MILW, a BN, and an IC or ICG.
But they are on hold until I finish up my DT&I GP38-2 in the Bicentennial paint scheme.
Brian B.
Modeling DT&I around 1980ish in 1/29
-
D
Thanks guys,
Dave,
I don't have too many pictures yet.....but here's one of the resin pieces just before I began assembling them
Brian
-
D
I've been busy....I scratchbuilt this car...in 1/29 scale.
I wanted a Hycube boxcar I could run on my indoor layout and these MiniHycube appliance cars fit the bill.
To make it easier on me I decided to cast the pieces so I only had to scratchbuild 1 side, 1 door, 1 roof, and the end is a...
-
D
Thanks guys,
Littlefoot,
No, I haven't weatherered it.....yet. I'm waiting till USA Trains comes out with thier caboose trucks so I can put them under it. Then I'll think about weathering it.
Brian B.
-
D
Barry,
No, we're not buying it. Just downloading it.
But I think you've discovered the problem. I posted this to other forums as well and am finding that Canadians/Canadiens don't have access to it.
Sorry about that.
Maybe someone on cable internet could email you the PDF as it's...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)