ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
-
Hi all and Happy New Year!
I am an Account Manager for a UK Government Dept called UK Trade and Investment which according to our strapline "helps UK-based companies succeed in the global economy and assists overseas companies in bringing their high quality investment to the UK"
What I do...
-
Greetings all from across the pond, sorry haven't been around for a while but I too had my layout destroyed by neds (our term for delinquents) who set my "train" garage on fire earlier in the year. Thankfully my locos and rolling stock weren't involved as I keep them in the house but everything...
-
Jim My wife drives a Fiat 500, it's actually a fantastic little car, more spacious than you would imagine and a very, very good runner. I prefer my Dodge Caliber though! :p
-
North American Railroads don't often make the news over here but a great article appeared on the BBC News website today and I thought I would share!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8010221.stm
-
Grampy, that is an absolutely phenomenal shot! just fantastic!
-
Came into New Street last Wednesday from the airport and I've got to say Jim, your modelling is spot on, you've really captured the atmosphere of the place! :)
-
As most of you know, Britain has a brand new steam locomotive, the Tornado. Wikipedia has a greatly updated entry on the loco which pretty much brings this great story up to date!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LNER_Peppercorn_Class_A1_60163_Tornado
-
Doug
Nice to see General Madine enjoying his retirement from the Rebel forces! :D
-
Was in Hamburg on business for a couple of days and went here!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN_oDdGmKyA
To say I was amazed was an understatement!
-
Another example of how helpful people are on here and in the hobby in general. That is a really awesome gesture, Josh! :)
-
Thanks all for your replies, my mind is at rest and my "toxic" car took it's first run last night. My pike is now glowing nicely! :D
-
I was at my local annual Train Show at the weekend and one of my purchases was a HO Bachmann Silver series 40" 3 Dome Tank Car in Transcontinental Oil Co' colours.
When I got home I noticed a small sticker on the back of the box stating:
"Warning, this product contains a chemical known to the...
-
Well good luck with this one! With the dollar to sterling exchange rate being what it is, buying from the UK is a lot more favourable than it was! Not so good for me buying the other way though! lol!
-
Midrange
Check out this bargain in relation to your Evening Star Quest! It's a great model...
-
A great site for British Steam videos for any of you interested on what went on/is going on, this side of the pond!
http://steamtube.ning.com/
-
It was not my intention to offend anyone, rivet counting over here refers to people who want complete accuracy in anything not just modelling and who are not prepared to have any give and take whatsoever. However in retrospect that was perhaps the wrong term to use and I have edited it! Extreme...
-
It's sad to see some of those comments from the diehard railfans, before I say Matt's counter comments, I had thought myself that the railroads would not have allowed Matt and his crew to do anything that was unsafe. It's really sad that this negativity may have had an effect on the decision to...
-
I believe there are 8 episodes in all and I also believe a new series has not been commissioned which is a shame, from an other forum I've read a lot of so called "rivet counter" Railfans giving a lot of negative comments on the show particularly about the presenter. Perhaps the History Channel...
-
I'm an Account Manager for a government department called UK Trade & Investment. I manage a grants fund of about £3 million giving funding to small to medium enterprises enabling them to promote their goods and services at overseas trade fairs this helping them to begin exporting! It's not...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)