ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
K
I didnt expect to get such favorable feedback. Thank you all. I have added many more pictures...go check them out in my first post.
http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/showpost.php?p=78796&postcount=1
-
K
Thanks Mark! I may just do the plenum rated wire as I dont want to have to open up the drywall to run conduit.
-
K
Video is now available on You Tube.
This is my first video on you tube, and its neat to have something like this there. Please check it out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BQCDh61GBw
-
K
I do have a question: I ran 20guage wiring throught the wall (its your typical wiring with a single coating on it).
Its hooked up to a transformer that accepts 120v and outputs 16 DCV and 18 ACV.
This wiring is running through the drywall, under the baseboard and then thru the desk to the...
-
K
The transformer is concealed under his desk. I ran 20 guage wire behind the drywall and up through his desk (all the wiring is hidden). The transformer is mounted just under the desk where he can turn it on/off when he wants.
The rules are that he is to never fix any derailements (none so...
-
K
When my son was 4, I made him a track layout using plywood that fit perfectly under his bed. We put up some grass paper, painted on some roads and a lake and fixed a loop track with 1 inside turnout (switch) for parking a train. He slid it out from under the bed when he wanted to play with it...
-
K
My son, who is 8, loves trains. Since we do not have a room to dedicate for a permenant layout, we decided to do an Extreme Bedroom Makeover. Together, my wife and I modified his room; new paint, custom desk and a train track on the wall complete with 2 types of truss bridges.
Now I...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)