Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. F

    Cpsd40

    Thanks Fred, I'll be sure to visit the site.
  2. F

    Cpsd40

    I've been looking at the photos submitted by CPSD40. Awesome modeling and weathering technique! I couldn't find any details on the models. Come on CP. Share your secrets ;-).
  3. F

    modeling steel cable

    I ended up using some polyester thread that I found in Wal-Mart. It was about the right color and diameter and was twisted like steel cable. I ended up weathering it with some rust colored chalk and it looks ok but I think I went a little heavy on the weathering. Also I need to put some...
  4. F

    modeling steel cable

    Wow. Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I'm new to this forum and didn't expect so may responses in so short a time. Seems like I've found a great resource here. I'll let you know how I make out.
  5. F

    modeling steel cable

    Anyone have any tips for modeling steel cable? I'm scratchbuilding a coaling tower from plans of a prototype in which the coal bucket is hoisted up the outside of the tower via a cable running from the bucket over pulleys and into the hoist house. I've seen some commercial cable but it's much...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top