ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
I
Theres other ways to achieve anti-collision, transponding (more receivers), mapping and more.
Rick
-
I
Im more concerned about front to rear anti collision during automatic running.
If you are using block detection to stop collisions front to rear then a train cannot enter a block until the previous train leaves that same block meaning for a split second or more there will be in fact one...
-
I
Hmmm, not sure why it has come to an end, Im sure theres much much more to think about before hardware architecture can be set in concrete.
Then theres the software side.
Thanks for that.
So a collision could occur if blocks occupied by different trains are adjacent? One is stationary...
-
I
Just use it in Scorpius wireless mode, train will stop, go, etc. In this case it will just cost you for the controller and mobile decoder, $238 all up.
Rick
-
I
Scorpius SMP
Ok heres the new system. Ive listened to the concerns of the members here and have addressed the issues accordingly.
It combines wireless with DCC and DC very cleverly using just one magic box for everything, a modular add on system with one box per 4 blocks, but it does...
-
I
Then the bonus of integrated ID detection which I havent really spoken about.
With the point detection concept, because of of nifty comms, Scorpius already has a great ID system, not just detecting a some train somewhere in block 14.
Using throttle mapping I can actually show in real time...
-
I
Firstly thanks for the heads up, much appreciated.
I can just shut down power for a few milliseconds so loco does not lose momentum and switch polarity, so thats sorted.
Yup I just realised I should have moved isolation point A under B. Thats sorted.
Correct.
The only solution is...
-
-
I
It is of course possible but adding another radio chipset to the throttle PCB would be the preferred method.
-
I
Dont assume someone new to MRR cannot use a basic menu. A newbie is just a person, nothing said about his intelligence level. The way I see it everyone with a mobile phone uses a menu system because thats what every phone uses. And almost everyone has one. One has to ask why? :)
However...
-
I
Hi.
I answered this in post number 62 :)
Configuring is dead easy, figuring out the differences is the hardest part.
As post 62 says using times each loco takes to get around the track could be used........... I wont repeat it here.
A more complex method is using current sensing on the...
-
I
Hi,
Oh every point you ask has already been discussed, its all in the thread here:)
1)Compatibility, Scorpius can run on Scorpius and DCC.
I never said you could run DCC on Scorpius, although of course it could be done. DCC could go via rails OR air. There really is no limitations...
-
I
You obviously think Loconet was invented for nothing and no one uses it? Or that Digitrax are dreaming? Or the system I showed off the net doesnt exist?
Its simple, DCC is limited to how much data you can squeeze on rails.
After a while you need a seperate data bus, accessories bus...
-
I
Once in ten years? Guess that sums it up, it is incredible.
It is much more reliable than data on rails and nothing I know of can compare.
I think it is in the big picture. It is nothing for some guys to spend $500 on a single loco.
As proven as soon as a control bus system is required...
-
I
Hi Tanklist,
I only need to know the end users requirements and how MY system can be applied.
Like when the MP format was set up, the requirements for CDs were pretty much irrelevant. This is start again stuff, Im only putting DCC protocols on the loco. So I will need to know the DCC config...
-
I
See my idea is to do all the configuring to the laptop.
Therefore the controller could concentrate on speed, traction control, lights/bell/whistle operations, change track, decoupling, basically anything a real engineer would carry out. Not sure Id need a keypad for numbers still.
LCB? Sounds...
-
I
You have a point. Its early days yet.
Like I said 2 manufacturers have adapted this technology and both will be on the market this year. Both will be available worldwide through shops. I know 3 of the 4 remaining manufacturers have or are investigating going 100% wireless comms.
There is a lot...
-
I
Intuitive, now thats a term I do like :)
Got it.
That sure is a possibility :)
Rick
-
I
Youre forgiven :)
The functions now available for slot or soon available are not as much as trains but its also pretty out there.
Go
Stop
Change Lanes
Throttle curve config
Brake configID controller and car config
Traction control config
Simulated tyres
Simulated fuel
Simulated...
-
I
Thanks, but I wont need luck, I just need to deliver what I say it can do :)
What Ive learnt about buttons is some people detest them, some people love them. So perhaps halfway in between. I thinking an LCD screen, 3 trim pots and say 9 buttons (3x3).
Sorry mate I didnt nitpick, I...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)