ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
J
I've seen model striping tape at art supply/hobby stores. However it does not appear thin enough for HO scale ( 1/8" is the smallest I've seen).
-
J
It appears this would work well for HO road striping.
-
J
Beugler Striper
The Beugler Striper makes pinstriping and detailed paint lining on any surface remarkably simple, and it’s easy to use. Your Beugler Striper comes complete with a variety of wheel heads enabling you to stripe in several widths, from extremely fine lines to clean broad strokes...
-
J
Paving Tape vs. Weather Stripping
Jmaxs, how much is that weather stripping tape? Is it cheaper then the WS Paving Tape?
_______________________________________________________________
The Paving Tape = $ 7.99 30ft roll (1/16th inch thick)
Weather Stripping = $5.49 20 ft roll (...
-
J
Portland Cement
I used DURHAMS WATER PUTTY and little plaster(sifted thru a strainer),
applied to a bridge on my layout using a foam brush. Then after drying sand
until smooth. You can re-apply another coat(s) until it looks right to you.
The bridge was made of acrylic and this mixture...
-
J
Smooth-It another way....
This product( in my opinion) is the best way to make roads or concrete
surfaces on a layout.
However I have found additional ways to working with it:
1. I found the 1/16th inch thick Paving Tape makes too thin a surface
to work with. I use 1/8 th inch...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)