Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. K

    New bli northern bad news

    Well got my northern back and it runs perfect. One question....... Any of you with this loco notice the third set of drivers from the front moves a bit before she moves? Maybe just the slack in the gears but is this normal? Like I said though.....it runs just beautiful. You can hardly see it...
  2. K

    New bli northern bad news

    Finally got my new bli paragon2 northern. Put it on the track and no go. Finally got it to move if I helped it along. At times it would sound as though it was steaming down the track but it was not moving. Other times would run fine for a minute. Touched it and you could feel the gears grinding...
  3. K

    blue line or not

    what is the difference between BLI blue line and BLI standard PARAGON2 loco's? Kurt the uninformed retired firefighter:confused:
  4. K

    questions about sound and DCC and decoders

    Hi all, I am new to all this DCC stuff but just received my NCE POWER CAB and am waiting for my BLI PARAGON2 4-8-4 Northern to arrive. Some foggy questions I need to get answered. 1. I have an older rivarossi Hudson loco. What do I need to change it to PARGON2 SOUND AND DCC POWER? Do I need a...
  5. K

    nce newest version

    can someone tell me the newest version for the NCE POWER CAB? I see some listed as V1.65. prices anywhere from $135 to $180. kurt
  6. K

    BLI-2245 PRR K4s 4-6-2, #1139 question

    does anyone know if i have to use DCMASTER for sound when running it in DC mode? Will I loose all sound if I use some other power pack? is it worth an added $70 to get it in cast metal instead of plastic? thanks in advance for any help. Kurt
  7. K

    Nce compatability

    Hi gang new here, haven't been in ho for 40 years. Starting a new small layout and want to go DCC and sound. i want to know if I get the NCE starter system can a steamer with a soundtraxx decoder talk to the NCE system or are all decoders specific to their respective brand? I guess I want to...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top