Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. J

    New layout

    N-scalejonnie, what is your grade % of that layout?
  2. J

    Track Grade ?

    Its in N scale
  3. J

    Track Grade ?

    I have to go up grade and back down in 10' what would be a good %.
  4. J

    Track Grade ?

    What do you think about a 3% grade? I dont have alot of room and i need to get the track up to 2'' in 5'. I figured that if I need to I'll be able to place a few Loco's on for added power. I wont be running to much more than 15 cars at a time.
  5. J

    My new layout

    I was looking into the Digitrax Zephyr so far I like that system the best. Here is a picture of what i think your explaining to me.
  6. J

    My new layout

    I was thinking of DCC Im just looking for a power pack that will do a good amout of fuction and be in the mid 100's. This is just a freelance model, I;m going to make the town like the one I lie in it's an old western town with some old industry in a modern wold. I think I might run a spur...
  7. J

    My new layout

    This is the layout I think you are trying to portay to me, correct? I have read that artical, i found it helpfull and that is one reason im putting my layout on this site so i can get feed back and do it right.
  8. J

    My new layout

    My intentions were to have the round house area be the industrial area. The inside loop area will be a main street town area. I want to have at least one passanger train and one idustry train. I can move the inner loop and outer loop away from eachother near where they connect and put in a...
  9. J

    My new layout

    Here is my layout I've been working on. Can you give me some pros and cons about this layout? I only have 6.5' x 8' to use. Its an N scale code 55. I have a combination of 10'' radius and an 11.25''.
  10. J

    Best Track ?

    Ok a few more questions.... What is a fog? And what is the difference in turnouts with a #4 #5 #10 and so on?
  11. J

    Best Track ?

    I dont mind about the hyjack lol. It is all good infor to hear. I think I'll check out the CODE 55 i like the wood looking tyes. I just hear alot about how you have to shave down the turnouts more than other brands
  12. J

    Best Track ?

    I'm going for a more modern day feel.
  13. J

    Best Track ?

    What track do you think is the best track for N scale, Peco or Atlas and what code would be good?
  14. J

    DCC Engine ?

    ok cool im starting to get the hang of this lol. and now for my next question. do the dcc controlers have anything to do with the turnout function or are they ran the same way as Dc, and do the town buling lights run separately. Thank for all the information it's a real big help!
  15. J

    DCC Engine ?

    Ok so it sounds like i should just go with the DCC system to start. lol Another questons is: does it take any special track or can u run them on code 55 track
  16. J

    Foam Question

    Is there a density that i should be looking for
  17. J

    DCC Engine ?

    Im super new to DCC. I'm still trying to understand it at this point. So if i buy a DCC engine and don't have a DCC controller, will it still make all the sounds and working lights?
  18. J

    Foam Question

    Ha i never thought of how many feet that would be in scale size! Id like to make a turn table and some rivers, and i was thinking that would be the best way to go below grade.
  19. J

    Foam Question

    Is it common practice to use foam on top of your plywood? And what thickness and type shoud be used?




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top