Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. J

    Want to get back into a childhood hobby.

    Circa 1950 looks interesting to me. Think I will make up a location, but keep it looking like it's in Pennsylvania. Still don't know what Locos to use, and I am guessing steams need long turns.
  2. J

    Want to get back into a childhood hobby.

    Been searching google all day, can not get one link about history, and other information on main lines. Are there any official websites? Because I want real in-depth information.
  3. J

    Want to get back into a childhood hobby.

    Eh having doubts now. I know I have the patience, space, money, and time. I'm just not sure it will hold my interest. Think I am going to research some other more interesting ERA's and locations that include passenger trains.
  4. J

    Time Era's and locations rarely used?

    Well I have a permanent Era(Now) and location(Old chartiers branch), but I want to hear other locations. Maybe something that isn't in America. I like switching operations. I don't care if it's, loco, electric, or diesel. I would just like to read some summaries of some of you modelers...
  5. J

    First Layout Plan(Center of Project)

    Thanks for links... Some news, just learn that the small train that I was going to remake carries plastic pellets...never seen a train dropping those off before. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPM4TiyYktk
  6. J

    Want to get back into a childhood hobby.

    How 'bout this one? http://h1073750.hobbyshopnow.com/products/description.asp?prod=BAC44902
  7. J

    Want to get back into a childhood hobby.

    Would this be a good DCC? http://h1073750.hobbyshopnow.com/products/description.asp?prod=ATL325 Do I need to buy anything separate?
  8. J

    Want to get back into a childhood hobby.

    Thanks people. Although until I get a table, this whole thing is on the red light. To bad my nearest hobby shop(Two minutes away walking. 30 seconds driving), closed down 5 years ago, have to go out of town...
  9. J

    First Layout Plan(Center of Project)

    Is there a computer program for that? I rather do it on the computer...more exact.
  10. J

    First Layout Plan(Center of Project)

    More of a over view
  11. J

    First Layout Plan(Center of Project)

    Well the train doesn't stop here, it keep going, but I believe it carries grain. Which will be loaded at a area right before hitting town A(Above), then will be transported to town B. Still though, I may make a steel mill or something similar to that. Also for the reaching. I will be able to...
  12. J

    First Layout Plan(Center of Project)

    Which is why I said center, actually now it's more to the left, but anyways this is just the town. There will be a second town also. But, the model over time will become a railroad, what I was planning was a town to the east that gets resources from that town which I posted, switching operations...
  13. J

    Want to get back into a childhood hobby.

    Well, going to hobby shops soon, so I will compare tracks... Some questions, I know how to make mountains, but what do you people use to give it color and texture? Roads. My model is going to have a good amount of roads, can I buy roads, or do I paint them? Before doing anything on my table...
  14. J

    Want to get back into a childhood hobby.

    Well I want to have the theme to be around where I live, but the track won't be. Kind of just my own thing. There two SW1500's and 1 GP11 in my area.
  15. J

    Want to get back into a childhood hobby.

    Well that will be another thing I will have to look into both sides, thanks. Although I think I will go with Ez100.
  16. J

    Want to get back into a childhood hobby.

    Yup, I know of a good hobby shop. I think I'll go with the EZ-Track, code 83 right? I am going to have to check out turnout sizes, just to make sure.
  17. J

    Want to get back into a childhood hobby.

    I like the switching operations, small loads, few cars to local industries. Because there is no way I could afford(At least for my first real project) some 20 rail cars. Maybe after I few years, but well yea.
  18. J

    Want to get back into a childhood hobby.

    Okay so you're pretty much telling me what turnout operations are? I was not really going to use any passenger trains or really long freight, but I see what you mean. Faster= short= less options Slower = long= more options
  19. J

    Want to get back into a childhood hobby.

    "The Chartiers Branch left the Panhandle main line at Carnegie, PA (MP 8.5) and ran along the banks of Chartiers Creek for 23.6 miles nearly due south to Washington, PA. Timetable direction, Carnegie to Washington, was westward. The entire branch, and its two connecting branches were located...
  20. J

    Want to get back into a childhood hobby.

    But, Macjet. Please PM me if you want to talk to me about that. Alright? I want to get back into this. I am not demanding anything, but help. You guys asked questions I answered. I did nothing wrong until people stopped asking me questions. It was all good, you guys asked a question I answered...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top