ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
J
I will say I do like both of them.But never had a atlas yet.But I will say they both sound like a good model loco.
-
J
Well after a long night of hunting down a UP Dash 7 I found one..Happens to be a Atlas. So I am going to try to get it here in the few weeks and try out a atlas.But I so far prefer athearn.
Jason K
-
J
Look on ebay for paasche,badger and Iwata.10-1 odds you will find what you are looking for at a good price with hose and bottles.I am looking at get a paasche talon but right now I am just starting out in MRRing.So I need to use my extra money for a great hobby.But I would go for a double action...
-
J
I have 2 Paasches a VL and a H one is a double action and the other is a single action.You can pick them off of ebay from $30 H,$50 to $70 for a VL set.DO NOT EVER buy a china knock off parts are not out there for them no customer support at all,Plus you are throwing your money.I have seen ppl...
-
J
I am talking about the sound equipped models.lol.
Jason
-
J
That is what I like about athearn locos is the sound.
-
J
Yea I think I am going too take a road trip just to try them out.I do like the NCE for remote throttle,but on the other hand I like the fact digitrax is more to the usb end.I guess a person can not have the best of both worlds..lol..Or do I need to bigger to get what I want? Like the next step...
-
J
Well I will get a atlas and try them out.They sound alittle better then athearn I will just have too see what one I like better.It looks like detail parts are about equal for the athearn and the atlas.So I will get a atlas being that I have 3 athearns now.
Thanks for the input guys
Jason K
-
J
Where did you get a Athearn Genesis GP15 for that price.I am looking at getting one sooner or later.
Thanks
Jason K
-
J
CbarM I am going to doing the same thing so I be following this post.It should be
interesting.I hope ppl pipe in on this one.I did find a place that has some led's here is the link. http://www.sbs4dcc.com/home.html I hope this helps.And I hope there are more ppl that post links or places...
-
J
What about the post on the digitrax and the nce on the usb? Being that I run a laptop that only has usb ports.
Jason K
-
J
So basicly is totally up to me what one I like the best between the two of the.Again it is like ford vs chevy or mac vs pc thing..Here I go again.lol.So what are the places that make custom parts for them I think that is the only way I came to a decision now.I know I have 4 athearns and looking...
-
J
I thought I would post up a link too Hakko. To me they are the best I owned..I am looking at the FX-888 SOLDERING STATION right now I am thinking of selling my Hakko 936.It was made until last year.I got mine when they frist came out with the 936 Hakko and I swear byit.Hakko's have alot of diff...
-
J
Yea I am watching the thread Digitrax vs. NCE USB Adapter .Becouse my lap top is only usb.Is it true on the first post he put up there?I am trying to get all the input I can too make sure I make smart choice.For growing bigger and just does more then the other one.
Jason
-
J
So what one has more aftermarket parts for details?
-
J
I like both. I was wondering what one is the best between the two for detailing parts,motors,parts and etc.
Thanks
Jason
-
J
Thanks for the Info.I did find a shop that will let me try them out.He said he will take them out of the box and let me try them.The only thing it is about 4hrs away from me.I am too the point to say the heck with it.I mite be heading down there my son and I in a few weeks.I really need to check...
-
J
I would like to try them out.The only problem is I have no LHS that lets you try them out at all.The only LHS is about 2.5 too 3 hrs away from me.How long does it take for turn around with NCE?? Everything I get is mail order or ebay.So I am trusting all of you guys to guide me the right way...
-
J
I am still too fig this out NCE or the Digitrax..If I go with a power cab should I wait until the updated one comes out.I know I am going to buy one of the two here in the next fwe weeks.If I go with a NCE can I have that one updated?
Thanks
Jason
-
J
I am looking at both of them I am kinda leaning to the NCE Power Cab but I talk to him today and he told me they are going to be comming out with a newer updated one here in a few months.Plus where I am going to get one of them from told me that the power cab you can grow on it but not as good...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)