Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. C

    First, well, first everything.

    I am wanting to do a HO scale layout. I have been reading constantly on here over the past week or so trying to learn and see what others have done. I was going to do a basic 4x8 plywood layout, but the one thing I have learned is that it won't keep me happy for long. I want to be able to expand...
  2. C

    My old Lionel stuff

    Thanks everyone! I actually do have the bridge for the red car, a small piece is broken off of it though. I think that I might just build a box to display this in. I think it will be a cool piece in the train room once I get it all set up. I looked up prices on ebay, but nothing seems to be...
  3. C

    Hello, new guy in KC with lots of questions.

    I posted pics of the Lionel stuff under general Discussion if you still wanna see it. I was planning on bracing it up with 2x4's. But I am starting to look at some other plans that might work for me as well.
  4. C

    My old Lionel stuff

    I hope I am in the right section for this, I apologize if I am not. Also, sorry for the bad pics. They are from my phone, its the only camera I have. In my intro thread someone had asked to see pics of the old Lionel set that I got from my Dad when I was a kid. It was his when he was young, I...
  5. C

    Hello, new guy in KC with lots of questions.

    Thanks, I will post up some pics when I get something going. I guess I could post some pics of the old Lionel set I have, if anyone is interested. Not sure how cool it is to others, but I think its cool. My dad said he got it when he was 7 or 8, so that would put it around 1961 or 1962. I...
  6. C

    Hello, new guy in KC with lots of questions.

    Thanks for the responses. The reason I wanted to do a plywood setup is that it seems the easiest and cheapest way to set up a table. It seems that the module type of set up is the way most of the really nice railroads are set up. But I figure knowing that going in, I can get something setup on...
  7. C

    Hello, new guy in KC with lots of questions.

    Hello, I am just at the beginning stages of getting into this. It started a few weeks ago when my 3 year old daughter saw my old train set box at my Mom's house. We took it home, but the engine and controller are missing, most of the tracks are rusty, and most of the houses, cars etc, are busted...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top