Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. S

    Ideas wanted for making a highway

    My first test attempt....Not too shabby mee thinks. I got the technique down, now I shall attempt to improve on it. Styrene .040, Poly scale "old concrete", Decocolor yellow fine paint marker, Energel pentel pen(for expansion joints and cracks) , bragdon industries soot and Dulcoat. Thanks for...
  2. S

    Ideas wanted for making a highway

    Check out "road to industry " on this link.....Awesome! http://www.napmltd.org/pictures.html
  3. S

    Ideas wanted for making a highway

    mind is made up Styrene for concrete...That road looks outstanding. I just slid down to Home D and bought some 400 grit wet sandpaper for blacktop. Still undecided about secondary roads
  4. S

    Ideas wanted for making a highway

    Fuuny I came to scenery forum to ask about woodland scenics "smooth it" for roads. I was concerned it might lay down too thick. Anyone have any experience with that stuff? Also...If you use gray or black sand paper for roads (secondary) what would be the best choice for concrete streets for...
  5. S

    switching wheel sets trucks etc

    I'm running atlas code 55 and getting some spike rub on some rolling stock. Is there a site or guide on switching to low profile wheels or total truck switch outs? I've never changed out wheels or trucks and I don't want to break something by accident. The wheels that rub are all Atlas stock...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top