Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. F

    Gearbox cover for ATLAS MALLET

    Hello again everyone ! I wonder if any of you'all remember the ATLAS N scale 2-8-8-2 Mallet that was supplied to ATLAS by Samhongsa, and it turned out to be a real loser ? Anyone know where I might get a drive shaft cover for it ? I want to part with it, but need to try to find...
  2. F

    Back into it, things have changed.

    I like the idea of wiring for blocks, and then when I go DCC just turn on all the blocks. Someone here suggested that during these posts. fatalxsunrider43
  3. F

    Bachmann N-scale TurboTrain

    May I chime in here ....I have found out that Bachmann, at least the older stuff, before they had to do Spectrum, or Plus, really, really was for the most part junk. In my recent discovery of my N scale, I unpacked many a Bachamnn item and now I know why I had so much trouble with them, they...
  4. F

    Oiling holes on Kato SD-40

    Good evening N scalers ! Question please...... On Kato SD-40, #176-208, are there oiling holes on the frame at each end for the worm gears ? I see two holes on one side of the frame, one on each end right about where the worm gears are, is this what those holes are for ? Also, where...
  5. F

    Back into it, things have changed.

    Well, you know, actually I did have that thought run thru my mind. The late 90's Kato releases seem to be heavier than the latest models. DCC is the reason I assumed. But, I guess that means that my lash-ups will be of greater number, instead of 2 on the point, we will have to run 3...4 or...
  6. F

    Back into it, things have changed.

    Hmmm...Right now I am considering some Kato N Santa Fe PA/PB 1st releases, was told the Red is more Prototypical. But, do the 1st releases have room for Decoders ? Maybe the 2nd releases are made DCC ready, although the Red might be a little bit off, not sure. Oh...decisions...decisions, LOL ...
  7. F

    Back into it, things have changed.

    So, it kind of sounds like trains without DCC capability are useless once you've wired up track for DCC. If that is so, then there will be plenty of items I'll need to part with and replace with DCC ready models. Is that why I see so many great older Kato items for sale on line ...
  8. F

    Back into it, things have changed.

    Hello ! I am new here, but not new to N scale. Although everything does seem new, not totally. We used to have a huge N scale layout back in 1995. Unfortunetly, we had to take down our 20' x 20' garage shelf layout because of a divorce and sale of the house. Well, 15 years later we are going...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top