ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
M
Went through a similar situation - started with a resurrected old 70's vintage Lionel, before a week was out we had the Lionel "Thomas" set. Goes up every year, the kids love it (especially my boy) but we're looking at HO for more serious modeling, just for cost considerations.
-
M
I believe so. They also have a 6 stall roundhouse that dates from 1884 on the Detroit Toledo & Milwaukee line, originally built in Marshall, Michigan, coupled with a manual turntable - I've spun a diesel switching locomotive myself :D
Here's a blurb I found from someone that visited the...
-
M
lol - the train section of the Village has received a lot of love since I worked there. Back in the day it was just the static locomotives (including 1601) in the Museum, and the Edison running around the track in the Village proper. The restoration or refit (can't remember now) of the Torch...
-
M
Forgive a noobie question, but what is this "Tony's" of which you speak?
-
M
Selector, that is simply awesome. You stated that it was re-released in 2007, is it available now? I tried some searching, but didn't find anything that mentioned anything other than the original Rivarossi release that is now "out of production" - could be that my google-fu is weak.
And I...
-
M
Learn something new every day - I associated "plastic" with "cheap" sounds like that is not necessarily the case especially in HO.
Kind of surprised no one rose to the challenge of "greatest locomotive..." :D You guys are no fun ;)
-
M
...I've been daydreaming, err, I mean meticulously planning my first layout. Growing up in Michigan, Greenfield Village and Henry Ford Museum were regular stops on the annual school field trip itnerary. In fact, I worked at both the Museum and the Village for a number of years through high...
-
M
I have to say I'm really tempted to get the young'n some add'l Lionel stuff to "play" with and start working up plans for a HO layout for me. We shall see..
-
M
My SWMBO is also the CFO in our household!
-
M
You guys are really making me think about walking the HO Chi Minh trail.... that, and the prices on the O gauge stuff. I'm a complete blank slate on HO stuff, who are the main players for rolling stock, locomotion, etc? Which ones are good, which middling, and who to avoid. I think I had a...
-
M
I even asked the boy which ones he liked better, O or HO. His reply - "both" (he must have learned that from his sister...)
Looks like I have some more research to do on the HO stuff.
-
M
We do have a couple of Lionel O sets in the house - one a 1970ish freight, with a plastic bodied steam engine (can't remember the details off hand). It was given to me by a old friend; it was hers when she was just a young'un. I picked up a the Beginner's Guide to Repairing Lionel Trains...
-
M
Hello all - I'm afraid I have a problem. Today, I took my 5 year old son to a model railroad show/sale. I happened to see the billboard as I drove to work, and made the plans with the boy for today.
At 10:25 am, we arrived. That's when the trouble began.
There were trains. And more...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)