ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
I
The point of this analogy is compatibility. I cannot run product A bought for Brand X and that same product runs on Brand Z. And this is exactly my point, the public obviously buys each of the big 3's game consoles.
Good question. Hmm not so sure. Just because one manufacturer does something...
-
I
Incorrect. You cannot play say game A for Playstation on X box or vice versa. This is a commonmisconception.
For music? Same answer as above. You buy Beatles White album on CD, you cant play it on your MP player.
So if I overlayed DCC to keep guys like yourself interested would it make...
-
I
Gidday Willis,
No problem :)
In post number 1 it states the decoder is wireless eg transceiver eg sends and receives data :)
No data is on rails and hence a sharp clean signal is received 100% of the time regardless of track condition.
Rick
-
I
No its close to bullet proof, in 3 years of development interference has never been noticed.
Good question. No the only packets are sent from the controller to 1 or 100 locos. For consists each chip is configured separately if required. So no more data for 100 locos than 1 loco.
Each...
-
I
Whos Mike Wolf, Id like to meet him. He has guts.
So it didnt work out, but perhaps you think Scorpius is even remotely similar?
Sorry I completely 100% disagree but thankyou for your input :)
Thats the great thing about forums, everyone can put their point of view across :)
Id be intersted...
-
I
Cool thanks Ian,
I understand the programming track.
Before I proceed I want a system with Loconet as I want to run lots of stuff in the future, and a specialised device with screen to configure routing and more complex stuff or more simply PC connection. Then I will give comparisons on say...
-
I
Sure Loconet could be wireless.
Yes install time dramatically reduced. And when you move your track or reconfigure the layout its also very simple.
Batteries not the go for most gauges.
Big difference is with scorpius wireless signal from controller goes direct to loco, not via receiver, then...
-
I
Hi Guys,
Lets say I want a deluxe system with all the bells and whistles. Eg wireless controller, quality decoder. No lights or sound just yet to keep it simple. It should have liven frog function, anti collision if possible, lots of possible loco IDs etc.
Here is the track layout below...
-
I
Not sucks, but I did say it had buried itself in complexity and politics, I still stand by that.
I hear a reasonable percentage complaining about DCC on various forums by new enthusiasts themselves trying to get their head around it, enough that it came to my attention and seen a hole that...
-
I
Question: Ive heard the main reason for blocks is so if a train shorts out in one block the trains in other blocks can keep operating. Right or wrong? And is there any other advantages of blocks?
Rick
-
I
Firstly I respect your purchase of a Digitrax system and that it brings you much joy. And as mentioned I wont be trying to convince people like yourself to convert. And of course DCC will not be going anywhere soon. But will it last forever? Of course not. So what do you think will be the next...
-
I
Theres lots more to tell.
Have a look at the JMRI website, very comprehensive, maybe too comprehensive. But one thing was obvious to me straight away, its way too complex for most newbies to comprehend and use. But I appreciate the amount of work and passion that went into it. Actually...
-
I
Sure, please shoot any question. Maybe draw up a comparision chart as its hard for me to imagine every query.
On various forums I have seen quite a few people confused by DCC and hence are holding off purchasing.
Ok lets continue......
How is the ID set on each loco?
Press menu.
Scroll...
-
I
Yup fully agreed.
Good to see someone with an open mind :)
Yes I would like to use the Open LCB or similar protocol, seems there IS a push for simplicity along my train of thought AND by people in the industry who know better than me. Maybe Im not so stupid? :)
Rick
-
-
I
Hi,
Thats because thats all you have so you can only buy whats available.
Consumers are simple. They want the most bang for their buck. Maybe MTH got it horribly wrong? Obviously they did. Obviously not enough bang for buck/effort. Sorry thats not a reason.
Standard. There is no standard...
-
I
Hi,
Id like to hear your views on why?
It has revolutionised slot cars and is THE new standard. Already 2 manufacturers have adopted this achitecture.
I realise also its hard to comprehend in 2 posts.
It will revolutionise yet SIMPLIFY trains in the same way as they are very similar...
-
I
Hi Guys,
Depends what part of the world you are in. Here in Oz very few train set ups are digital. And we are a country which adopts technology very quickly. I guess places like Germany are much different. Mis west USA different again.
Yes once the system has decoders installed in locos...
-
I
Scorpius wireless digital train system. No DCC allowed!
Hi Guys.
DCC for me has buried itself in complexity and politics.
It has failed to take off in 30 years with very few train systems in the world digital. At a recent show yet again I see 90% of displays analogue!
I will go as...
-
I
Perhaps a new way of thinking is required?
See here:
EDIT. Seems the link doesnt work after 3 attempts, see Scorpius thread in this sub-forum.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)