Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. C

    Need Some Opinions

    Yeah it's five inches, and at 2% I would need at least 16 feet for the climb, could cut that in half at 4%, but still thats a big climb and being new to this I don't know if N scale can climb a 4% grade. I may just leave it alone and see what happens. The viaduct is 68 feet tall with 200 foot...
  2. C

    Need Some Opinions

    Ok, here's a picture of my first layout, it's not really based on anything but what I can envision. My current dilema is that I think I want to be able to run the top outside track down and around somewhere on the bottom then back up. I can think of two ways to do this with a helix in the...
  3. C

    Wye wiring help DC

    Well you know it did now that I think about it. I probably could have gotten away with just using the switch on the controller but I wanted to isolate the section, in hindsight would have been alot easier if I had just left it alone. Live and learn.
  4. C

    Wye wiring help DC

    I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got it to work finally. I have no idea if it's right but it works. Someone let me know. On the switch section I installed for sets of power leads running thru a dpdt switch, flip the switch the direction changes, just like it's supposed to. on the...
  5. C

    Wye wiring help DC

    Ok I made the change you suggested and it worked, almost. the wye section reverses one way just fine, however I think I need to wire the switch different. When the switch is in the down position the polarity is reveresed, when it is centered nothing, when it is up nothing. I think I need to...
  6. C

    Wye wiring help DC

    Ok I figured out the reversing switch wiring not terribl difficult, but my wye is still not working the way I think it should. If someone could modify my drawing for my stupid ass I would probably give them all my fricking trains. Here's my problem, when I throw the switch to go acorss the...
  7. C

    Wye wiring help DC

    Where are these sources you speak of? And thank you. Chad
  8. C

    Wye wiring help DC

    I am very new to my N-scale and my layout below has an issue. When I cross the red line where my insulated connectors are my loco stops and I have to reverse the current direction on my power supply. This is a DC layout. I know I need to reverse the polarity but I just don't know where or...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top