Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. P

    Just started wiring my first dcc layout

    Ok. That makes sense to me. The only other scenarios I'd like to ask about is the yard ladder and cross overs....can I over do it or is it alright to put feeders at all 6 rails ? thanks for all the help
  2. P

    Just started wiring my first dcc layout

    That's more like I was thinking of doing. I I thought some used additional feeders at one or more places at turnouts. Is there anything to that?
  3. P

    Just started wiring my first dcc layout

    Thanks. When I have some time I'll figure out how to add a photo of my track diagram but now im off to work. The he layout is bedroom size and I plan to run up to two mainline trains and a switcher in a small yard. Don't know if that info helps at all. Thanks again
  4. P

    Just started wiring my first dcc layout

    Hi, all. I'm happy to say my bench work is finished and foam board has been glued down. I've started to run bus wires throughout the modules. I would like to start laying permanent track as early as this weekend. i plan to use turnouts with insulated frogs and have seen a few ways to add...
  5. P

    Track planning question

    Hey, Chet. I just checked out your video of switching on your layout. I'm a big fan of switching and I love what you've done. That kind of thing inspires me to see what this newbie can do :D
  6. P

    Track planning question

    Thanks for the feedback everyone. I went with sectional curve tracks because it seemed easier than accurately curving flex track. however, I have seen some stuff on YouTube on flex track and I'm not so intimidated now. Perhaps I'll switch. It it is not a big layout (about 71 sq. ft) so I...
  7. P

    Track planning question

    Thanks for your advice. I hadn't considered the side swiping issue.
  8. P

    Track planning question

    Hi, folks. If the username is unfamiliar that's because I just signed up days ago. I am a beginner and am asking for some help with my track plan. I would like like a double track mainline. I plan to use 24" and 22" radii. I also want #6 turnouts to accommodate bigger locomotives (just in...
  9. P

    Hi, everybocy. Just signed up

    Thanks, Dave. I'm looking forward to getting to the point at which I'll have some photos to share ;). Got about half of the foam board glued down today...progress!
  10. P

    Hi, everybocy. Just signed up

    Thanks for the kind welcome everyone. I will peruse the forum over the next couple of days and I'm sure some comments and questions will soon follow. I'm looking forward to interacting with other modelers!
  11. P

    Hi, everybocy. Just signed up

    I built a couple of 4X8s when I was a kid but not to completion and nothing impressive. I have been out of the hobby for decades but now I'm in my 40s and just started building my first dcc layout (man has the technology advanced since I was a kid!). I don't have a huge space but consider...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top