Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. P

    newest loco

    B'Mann has stepped up their game! :) I just got the FA-2 w/DCC/sound. LOVE that "dire need of a tune" ALCo sound!! Carmine, modeling the HO Scale Pacific Belt RR since 1975!
  2. P

    My First Attempt.

    That's better than a lot of others first attempts!!! :) You only improve from here! Well Done! Carmine, modeling the HO Scale Pacific Belt RR since 1975!
  3. P

    Done with chalk, anyone know how to do rust?

    Hi all! Just finished airbrushing, lettering, and some light chalk weathering... Now, what's the best way to make rusty streaks running down the carbody from the roof???? Any help would be appreciated! :) Carmine, modeling the HO Scale Pacific Belt RR since 1975!
  4. P

    New ACTRR Updates

    Hey Mike! Looks like I found a new place to bug ya!!! LOL!! J/K Your layout is really coming along nicely! Cheers! Carmine, modeling the HO Scale Pacific Belt RR since 1975!
  5. P

    Computer room Switching layout

    Wow Josh!! Much more progress than I've made!! Looking really good! Carmine, modeling the HO Scale Pacific Belt RR since 1975!
  6. P

    Athearn HO 90616 DCC Adapter Board

    Everything Mark said, and put a strip of electrical tape on the frame, under the motor...... Just a little extra insurance against accidental contact with the frame! :) Carmine, modeling the HO Scale Pacific Belt RR since 1975!
  7. P

    good cheap dcc starter unit

    Congrats! That's a great, expandable system! That's what I started with, and when I moved up to the 5 amp Power Pro system, my original Power Cab handheld moved right over as an extra throttle I didn't have to buy! Feel free to ask questions as you get used to it! :-) Carmine, modeling the HO...
  8. P

    Greetings from the part of AZ that isn't Phoenix! ;-p

    Hi all! Just found this forum! Can't believe how long it's been here! I've been on a few forums since 1999, and have been in the hobby since 1975!! I guess that qualifies me as an old fart!!! :-) I'm about to start layout #10, HO scale, of my Pacific Belt RR. It's going to be made sectional...
  9. P

    Greetings from Lower Arizona . . .

    Cool! Welcome Don! I'm just south of tucson, Green Valley... Carmine, modeling the HO Scale Pacific Belt RR since 1975!
  10. P

    Wazz up from AZ

    Welcome!! Also a n00b, but really old in the hobby.... I'm also from AZ, south of Tucson. Carmine, modeling the HO Scale Pacific Belt RR since 1975!
  11. P

    new beginner question

    I second Trailrider! I even use one of my old Tech 3 transformers to power my building lights. Carmine, modeling the HO Scale Pacific Belt RR since 1975!
  12. P

    help decieding on ho diesel engine

    I'm just starting layout #10! I've not bought any of the new RTR stuff - yet... On my temporary loop, I just cleaned up a 20 year old Kato GP35. Could not believe how smooth and strong it is!! So quiet, I decided to install DCC/sound! Worked out well! If you can find them, old Kato's are really...
  13. P

    Athearn's Latest Price Increases: Im out...

    When I started, I bought BB diesels for $16.95. Funny thing was, if I couldn't afford it at the time, if I went back 6 months later - AND it was STILL $16.95!!!!!! I never thought I'd ever become an old fogey, but God, I miss those days!!! --- I am here...
  14. P

    Is Walthers short changing their customers???

    They have been doing too much of that lately. Athearn has too!! The problem is, some of this stuff nowadays comes out so seldomly (limited run crap!!!), that people are snatching them up, under the impression if they snooze they loose... Manufacturers are assuming we'll buy it anyway! Their...
  15. P

    Your Favorite Scale

    I started in HO, and ended up back to HO scale, after brief affairs in everything but S, TT and Z! HO, IMHO, is not too big and not too small. Availability has always been the best too (even in these crazy limited-run, overpriced era were in now!) --- I am here...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top