Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. J

    Recommend me a DCC starter set

    Congratulations. I think your going to really like the Power Cab. I sure like mine. NCE offers a lot for the money, and you can upgrade according to your future needs. Jerry
  2. J

    Recommend me a DCC starter set

    Yes that's true. Could be a problem if you forget. It would probably be best to isolate a small section of track for a programming track so you can turn off power to the rest of the layout while programming. I guess that after you upgrade to a Smart Booster, you can then use your original...
  3. J

    Recommend me a DCC starter set

    Not sure what you are referring to here but you are possibly referring to DCC Functions as opposed to CVs. CVs are individual "compartments" that affect various data for the loco. There are something like 255 CVs but they are not all used, or all important to the point that you need to...
  4. J

    Recommend me a DCC starter set

    What I like about the Power Cab is it has a 7' cord which allows some mobility that allows holding your throttle while moving a little way to couple/uncouple cars, throw turnouts, check and clear shorts, etc. While the Zephyr is a fine system, it is in a fixed location with no mobility. For...
  5. J

    Recommend me a DCC starter set

    I wonder if they are referring to their new, revised radio system, which is supposed to be outstanding. If so, this won't affect starter sets like the Power Cab. At least not until one is ready to upgrade to radio. What I like about the Power Cab is the nice upgrade path when you're ready...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top