Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. B

    1/87th Vehicles

    Ok, heres a far shot, with a crop from photo bucket. the newest truck is to the left. new truck is at the bottom of pic new truck at the right. Still blurry. I'll try and work on it.
  2. B

    1/87th Vehicles

    Ted, thanks. I'll give it a try once I finish the addition to my DOT trucks today.
  3. B

    1/87th Vehicles

    Well, as I stated before, its a camera phone. There are no settings, just point and take. I'll refrain from posting pictures in the future.
  4. B

    1/87th Vehicles

    Finished
  5. B

    Building the Pinnacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

    Excellent job on the 1/2 caboose!!! I love the creativity in this thread!!
  6. B

    1/87th Vehicles

    Thanks Jerome. That is a good idea. But I want to keep the bucket portion. I've got plenty of custom crane trucks. No buckets.
  7. B

    1/87th Vehicles

    Here's my latest project in the works. I'm thinking about chopping the boom arms to make it look more practical.
  8. B

    1/87th Vehicles

    Here they are, again I apologize for the blurry pictures:
  9. B

    1/87th Vehicles

    Thanks. I'm finishing up one more DOT truck and completed the details on the white flood light truck. I will post pictures before I finish for the night. I really want to replace the cab on the white one. Maybe to a 7600. It may look better and certainly more modern.
  10. B

    1/87th Vehicles

    Thank you. I enjoy building these trucks soo much. I'm not sure what the draw is, but its got me hooked.:D
  11. B

    1/87th Vehicles

    Thank you! Heres a link to the signs. http://www.ebay.com/itm/SCALELIKE-HO-SCALE-ROADWAY-SIGNS-6-NEW-ITEM-N-I-B-/330662761801?pt=Model_RR_Trains&hash=item4cfd095549 . A bunch of my trucks have them for realism. They are easy to cut from the sheet and super glue to anything. The company makes...
  12. B

    1/87th Vehicles

    After some paint, details, and some spare parts digging, I finished these DOT trucks tonight.
  13. B

    1/87th Vehicles

    Here's 2 of my latest and maybe last for a while. I have a few more left in various stages. These are not finished, the still need paint, weathering and some more details. Again, more blurry pics, but I can't fix that just yet. The first is a Boley crew cab and frame with a Matchbox Aux. light...
  14. B

    1/87th Vehicles

    Amazing work gents! I sold a bunch of my already finished trucks and equipment on eBay. Im shifting gears from highway maint to MOW as it leaves more to the imagination. Ive got some left overs that I'm currently outfitting at the moment, I'll post when finished.
  15. B

    1/87th Vehicles

    Perfect. Some paint and small details and your cooking with gas!:)
  16. B

    1/87th Vehicles

    And heres a few more but of the folding style knuckle crane in the upright position.
  17. B

    1/87th Vehicles

    No problem. I think so too. I have seen a resin kit of a "national" brand straight boom crane in 1/87. I think its kinda pricy tho. I'll stick with the $8 Herpa Hiabs for now. A folding knuckle crane however, may be more "prototypical" of a wheel truck. I'm currently building one for my fathers...
  18. B

    1/87th Vehicles

    Jerome, Heres some more to support your decision. I think that it looks perfectly like a prototype MOW truck. I build whatever comes to mind, and it usually comes close to something real.
  19. B

    1/87th Vehicles

    I do have an Atlas F-150, Riverpoint Station Ford pick up, and a handfull of Trident pickups. All with strobes, and custom tool boxes. Some have backracks, CB antenna and caution cones. My pictures are blurry due to the fact that Im using a rather crap cell phone camera. I even tried cleaning...
  20. B

    1/87th Vehicles

    Its a little tough for me to explain how I made them, its just something I jump into with a rough idea in my head. It is a Real Working Rigs truck cab, on an Atlas Ford frame with boley wheels and sander. As far as over seas vehicles, I dont really have an interest in them. Not to offend anyone...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top