ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
B
5 stars JR59!!! Looks TOO real!
-
B
Rico, those are some sharp rigs! I picked up a few of their tandem wreckers with that cab. Excellent for kitbashing!! They are among the more realistic trucks to be had these days. Enjoy!
-
B
Sorry for the thread jack...
Thanks NH Mike for the LHS info! I live in Bristol county, ma. They are getting fewer and further between these days. I used my dads trains in wrentham, ma but he's usually not open due to health.
Here's the AA store info:
Address: 655 Jefferson Boulevard...
-
B
Im pretty certain that is not a crane at all. Its a crop sprayer. You can see the hoses molded into the latices. That's what the chrome tank is for. Maybe turn it into an MOW weed spray tractor...
-
B
Some of my latest projects
Not sure if Im satisfied with the flatbed/crane/utility truck.
And these will be vintage tow trucks
-
B
Thanks! keep up the good work and keep posting!
-
B
excellent work again! Where do you get your beacon style strobes? Ive been using Herpa 2 piece ones.
-
B
Here's my latest project Ive been toying with the last week or so. Im not entirely happy with it, but I did just buy 2 white Boley crew cab INTL 7000 stake beds, 1 white INTL 7000 long bed dump, 2 classic metal works tractor trailers(using the cabs for custom vintage tow trucks), 1 Boley yellow...
-
B
^^^Excellent modelling, brilliant weathering
-
B
Chad, Excellent trucks!
Jerome, what a good find. Enjoy the many projects that come from that huge group of trucks!
-
B
Jerome, Excellent job! I enjoy the nice clean look unlike how mine look hahaha. Tell me something, where did that nice tree trimming truck in the back come from hahaha;)
-
B
Jerome post up a pic of all your custom trucks, like a group photo.
Its kinda useless for me to take another blurry photo of 30+ MOW and DOT trucks
-
B
Looking good as always Jerome! I tried a crane/flatbed combo. All reworked Boley parts.
-
B
Yes. Everything I post here is 1/87. Note the Boley cabs.
-
B
Sure. Here, The transitions are not perfect, but no one sees the bottom anyway. Here the 3 trucks, and then how they look joined.
Basically overlapping the Boley frame into the Matchbox frame, but the metal wheel keeper strip/spring in the Matchbox has to be trimmed.
-
B
Thanks all!
Josh,
Be my guest! It is a terrific turnout once you are done. Ive made 3 already and to be honest, they are expensive to make. The Matchbox truck was $7.50 on ebay NIP( I cant find them any where else) and we all know the price of Boley trucks, plus shipping. but, I'm paid to...
-
B
Well, these came in the mail today. They became victims of a quick MOW transformation/kitbash for my fathers Conrail crew. I added decals, a hand painted balsa wood rear traffic advisory board, hand painted the details, and I ordered a fresh new box of these handy Herpa stropes that last quite a...
-
B
Thanks. Ive spent some time on my vehicle collection. Feel free to visit my profile and look through my highway department picture album for much more. I haven't seen any Rams, but that would be a nice work truck to build. The reply was aimed at trainman78, but good for anyone posting here. I'm...
-
B
Ebay usually has Cal Fire crew cab Silverados or a single cab ford pick up for brush fire use. But anything can be kitbashed the way you want. Also, I'm not sure what modern is to you, but I used some older trident chevy trucks and fords like these below. The bottom picture shows the Riverpoint...
-
B
Thanks for the comments and all the help guys! Maybe I'll get a cheapo digital camera so the details and weathering don't go un noticed.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)