Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. S

    Loco's you just had to have but...

    Guess it would be my Athearn Genesis MP15-AC. Looked so good at the LHS and just had to have it. Problem being I intend to model '50s- late '60.
  2. S

    "old" Floquil revival...

    I have some Home Depot lacquer thinner already. Seems Toluol and Ether are already in it so may just be close to original Diosol as is. I will try it and see how it goes.
  3. S

    "old" Floquil revival...

    Thanks Alan, Maybe there's hope for it then. I do remember how well it worked with an airbrush.
  4. S

    "old" Floquil revival...

    ...got about 100 bottles of the old original Floquil I stashed away almost 30 years ago. I realize that the original Diosol thinner is no longer available but would try to revive and use the paint. Any tips on solvent/thinner to put it buck into commission. The pigments have separated from...
  5. S

    The H&W spaghetti bowl

    Looks good to me Thomas, It's great that you, and the kids, can do this together. Looks like you have a tremendous opportunity for packing a lot of operation into a limited space. I may just borrow some of your design features into my layout, if I ever get started on it.:) I'm also...
  6. S

    modeler1

    Hi, Like you, I am retired and starting up the hobby I put on hold many years ago. Plan to build a layout in our 12' X 20' bonus room in HO. I also started with craftsman type kits, mostly in wood and metal. You can't go wrong with most any of the current loco's and rolling stock. Since...
  7. S

    finally figured it out...

    Thanks Mike. I plan to run 34" radius for the outer track and work in from there. Once I get the outer in place I can put one of the Hiawatha's on auto pilot to keep me company as I work inward. I'm all DC now and no plans for DCC in the future so need to keep it simple.:)
  8. S

    finally figured it out...

    ...for almost 30 years now I've been collecting HO stuff. It all started when my wife bought me a dremel tool for my birthday back in '82. There was a hobby shop in walking distance that had some of the old rolling stock kits (Ambroid, Central Valley, etc.) and I started building some. Work...
  9. S

    Favorite train and era ?

    ...well, since this thread has been revived I'll chime in. I'm into the era of Milw that jasonelki mentioned. It will be HO. In fact, I just got a Proto 1000 model of the RSC2, #982, in the same colors (from 1949 era) that are in his pic. Also have Hiawatha's Class A and F7 and Chippewa...
  10. S

    I only wanted a package of couplers.....

    I have a complete consist of the Rivarossi Milwaukee Road Hiawatha (F7 Hudson Loco) made who knows when. It also has those crappy trucks and couplers. I may just run it as is, once I get a layout set up, as I won't be coupling any other rolling stock with it. If it doesn't run well I'll give...
  11. S

    Phoooooey!!!

    All is well... ... one of our members is sending me 3 sets of the decals and another may come up with some as a recent show he's attending. This will keep me in shape for the life of my layout.:):):) I am truly thankful for the responses but still mourn the demise of the Champion Decal Co...
  12. S

    Phoooooey!!!

    Thanks Jay, I had already checked Modeltrainstuff and they didn't carry it. I went to Caboosehobbies and they were "out of stock" on the one I needed. What really surprised me is that Walthers doesn't have any as they're based in Milwaukee. Maybe, when the demise of Champ decals settles...
  13. S

    Phoooooey!!!

    Thanks Mike, What I'll be looking for is Champ# EH-34 Milwaukee Steam Locomotive.
  14. S

    Phoooooey!!!

    Just noticed Champ decals (Champion Decal Co.) went out of business last year. This affects me directly as, to my limited knowledge, they were the only decal mfg. to offer Milwaukee Road steam loco decals. There are plenty of sources for Milw heralds with "The Milwaukee Road" on them. Trouble...
  15. S

    Need C, M, St Paul & Pacific Herald in HO

    I have an IFC 2-8-2 and need the red and white herald decal set for the tender. It needs to be the old style with Chicago, Milwaukee, St Paul and Pacific in the red and white scheme. Been searching all the usual sources with Google but so far no luck. If it's no longer to be found I guess I...
  16. S

    Free to a good home...

    We already have 2 winners...thread closed ...1st responder wanted freight decals so he get's 'em. 2nd also models Santa Fe so he get the WP diesel and caboose decals along with a Santa Fe Warbonnet scheme Microscale for E's, F's and DL-109's.
  17. S

    my old layout

    ...be lookin' forward to seeing the new layout. We moved here to Georgia from Saxon back in the early 80's. I used to put up pre-fab (Wausau) homes all over the UP, N WI, and N MN. I'm modeling Milwaukee Road as I was born and raised near their trackage.
  18. S

    Free to a good home...

    ...prior to putting the hobby on hiatus some 15 years ago I was attracted to Western Pacific. No particular reason as my main interest is Milwaukee Road. Now that I've retired, and renewed interest in the hobby, I'm cleaning house. I seem to have several Microscale, as well as some Champ...
  19. S

    How did you decide on your Road/Theme?

    Growing up in Minocqua, WI, 1946-1958, we lived on a dead end street leading down to 2 boathouses and the trestle across part of Lake Minocqua. There were only houses on the lake side of the road as the Milwaukee Road owned the property across the road. The mainline was also there past the...
  20. S

    Hello from WI

    Guess I need to be added to the roster. Born in Tomahawk, grew up in Minocqua 'till age 12, moved to Beloit in '58, after 4 yrs army ('65-'69) lived in Janesville. Got married and lived in Milwaukee, then on to Wausau, Nashota, Platteville, finally Saxon. Now living in Georgia since '81...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top