ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
N
I am planning on buying a new airbrush that I will use for weathering rolling stock and buildings and the occasional repaint. I know that dual action is better than single but thats where my knowledge ends. Do I want internal or external mixxing? Should I get a gravity fed airbrush. Please...
-
N
If you used anything with an alcohol base these white specs will be the outcome, usually another coat of dullcoat will resolve this and the specs wil dissappear
-
N
What would be the correct color to use as a mist if I decided to try with spray paint. It looks like white but not as brilliant is there a way to get this color with paint?
-
N
I have been trying my hand at weathering and got pretty good results at rust, sut and grime but I want to give some cars that dusty look that gathers on the bottom half of box cars after some time on the tracks. The look almost looks like a whiteish mist. Could I achieve this without an...
-
N
Jerome I really like the letter fading on your locos, you should weather alittle on the sides add some smoke under the vents and all
-
N
you been a busy peron this wek. Thats some really nice work, How was the brick added to those window frames? Is that something you could buy?
-
N
thanks for the tip on the tripod, I have been so frustrated trying to get good pictures, im sure a tripod will make a big difference.
-
N
here is my attempt at n scale, i am an o scaler and i dedcided to try a 2x4 layout, well here it is so give me your critisism.
-
-
N
Here are a few pictures of my try at n scale modeling. I am o scale but decided to try a small 2 x 4 n scale layout, well here it is, give me your critisism
-
N
Thats awesome, looks as though it hasnt been touched in years, how did you give it that moss effect?
-
N
that exhaust stack should be fun to model
-
N
I like the white better, give it a little dry brush with weathering chalks
-
N
grandeman could you give us a small tuoral on how you do your lighting effects?
-
N
Who makes these buildings, the back looks like abondoned buildings in nyc
-
N
I think you need more feeders as well, I have read many times that every 6 feet is standard practice
-
N
Sounds like you have one of those lionel power starter set transformers that only put out 30 watts, I hear the mth z-1000 is a good one that wont burn your pockets
-
N
I did just what you said with the spring and the loco responded to my commands for a few seconds and then just stopped. I was using an mrc decdoer so that might have been the trouble. From what I hear they are terrible decoders.
-
N
thank you, after looking at the name it says flux, I guess I will have to clean with alcohol and for now on buy solder without flux.
-
N
I have noticed that on my current n scale layout in progress I am finding myself cleaning the wheels of my engines very frequently and then I remebered that this is my first time soldering track joints. I have read that this is common practice, the track seams to be clean so I cant figure out...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)