ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
S
That's carrying realism to the 9th degree! I'm working on an old farmhouse for the barn.
-
S
Thanks for the info. I use to have a huge unit for a paddleboat and that thing really generated a ton of smoke. I don't remember the brand.
-
S
It started getting serious for me when my neighbors started thinking that too!
-
S
Is there a commercially available smoke unit that would work in my Spectrum 4-4-0, DC controlled? I was thinking it could be powered via battery in a railcar? Thanks in advance.
-
S
This is a video I made today of my spectrum 0-4-0 with sound and DCC. Running with an NCE cab. I love it. Sounds great with realistic low speed control.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJzJ4xnXHAs
-
S
fire drill
I am seriously thinking of setting it on fire and having a 19th century fire department respond. I haven't decided yet. I am going to have two 4x4 sections of table with a bench in between to create a dog-bone. I'm not quite sure how it will fit. I was thinking of some type of...
-
S
Thanks. I wasn't sure about dcc but I'm glad I got it. It adds a lot.
-
S
YES and more
Yes, of course. The bell is on or off. There's a steam whistle that stays on for as
long as you hold it, squeaky brakes when you're stopping etc. They did a great job. I'm impressed.
-
S
Does anyone have any experience with this saw. After talking to the company I decided to order one today. I'm hoping it will work well for ripping scale stock. The price point is right and with all other factors considered including variable speed,table size and blade size and a 2 year warranty...
-
S
I hope this is allowed. I just recently got a Bachmann 4-4-0 Maryland and Pennsylvania loco and tender with DCC and sound. I also got an NCE cab. It is a great runner with great sound, I think. I can't get over the great control of speed at the low end. I couldn't find a video of this before I...
-
S
I scratch built this bank barn using scribed 1/4" stock over balsa. Roof is strips of 3M 600 grit wet/dry sandpaper epoxied to a white plastic roof. The neat thing was trying to weather using the old steel wool/vinegar rust concoction. It was my first try with this stuff. I had my doubts at...
-
S
Thanks for all of the replies. I sold it on ebay with a caution to run on 22" radius and replaced it with a spectrum MA&PA 4-4-0 with DCC and sound and NCE cab. I should have them in a few days.
-
S
I stretched the spring and added some tri flow oil to the truck. It was a longer run but still derailed.
-
S
Might sell.
The truck had the screw,spring and bushing installed. Guess I can take it apart and check the fit and finish of the truck/bushing. It's a nice loco. I may be switching to ON30 so I may just put it up on ebay and mention using a 22" radius if I can't make it work. Where is a good...
-
S
I checked everything again. On a glass table there is clearance, of course on the rails that changes. Going around an 18" right hand curve the front two lead wheels on the truck move to the left leading to the derailment. The front left wheel lifts off of the track and the left wheel is outside...
-
S
Thanks for all the helpful tips guys. I checked and the middle driver is non flanged. I removed the truck and it still derails. It appears that the cowcatcher doesn't have enough clearance above the rail and in the turn the edge catches the inside rail. I put paper between the rails and...
-
S
Thanks all
I tried reversing the truck but that derailed also. I need to find out what the truck is suppose to look like. The mounting screw head just barely stays in the slot on the truck with a spring under the truck. The truck and driver wheels derail. I made it about three track sections on...
-
S
I got a 4-6-0 today from ebay. I never thought that it might not work on my ez tracks with an 18" radius. I was really disappointed to see I wasted my money. The seller has a great reputation but I received it with a cab that won't stay on with a piece of plastic broken out on the cab. He sold...
-
S
Thanks for the help guys.
-
S
Thanks for the help. It's greatly appreciated.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)