Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. D

    cat litter as ballast? Sounds crazy but....

    ballast I thought kinda the same thing at first, I should have mentioned in my post that he put the litter through a strainer as he needed it. I don't know about the dust factor but I would think that if you are using small amounts at a time it should not be a problem, plus once you glue it...
  2. D

    cat litter as ballast? Sounds crazy but....

    I am just starting to ballast my track and in the area that I am modeling, the ballast is a white/dark gray/light gray mix. Anyway at work the other day a truck driver that comes in all the time overheard me talking to another guy about my layout and we got to talking and he is into model rr. We...
  3. D

    Modern Chicago SS/South Bend passenger cars?

    I posted last week asking if anyone makes the 60-70's era CSS/SB passenger cars in plastic and as I figured no one offers them. Does any company offer the modern day passenger cars they run? Thanks.
  4. D

    MRC dcc prod. advanced question

    I was wanting to know, can I operate non dcc locos with the prod. advanced system? I will be getting the system before I have my loco's dcc ready so for the time being will I be able to run them? Thanks,Mark
  5. D

    loco size question

    Is a c44-9w the same size as a sd40-2 snoot nose? If it is bigger, how much? Thanks!
  6. D

    New to DCC, can I do this?

    Thanks I am starting to get the DCC concept, I just need a little help. I have been checking here and there and I think that I am going to go with an MRC system. I like what I have read,the price is good and it will do way more than what I need.Digitrax is nice as well but from the guys I talk...
  7. D

    New to DCC, can I do this?

    From what I think I understand I can run several trains at one time without having the block and toggle switch setup. Here is what I would like to know. Lets say I have a train running on my main and one in my yard putting trains together can I set my train that I have running on my main to a...
  8. D

    When is the right time to ballast?

    ballast Thanks all for the input. My track is all down and wired and it has a base weather coat on it. I REALLY took my time laying the track and made sure that everything is as smooth as it could be and I fired it up for the first time tonight(5/9/08).I ran it about 3 hours using a new...
  9. D

    When is the right time to ballast?

    Do I ballast first and then bring the ground scenery up to it or do the ground scenery first and then ballast? I think that it would be better to ballast first but what do you think? Thanks




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top