ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
F
In the picture that is posted in the first post (we'll call it the compact version), I was using a lot more 9" curves than I should have. The plan was that I would just be running a very short train; maybe around 5 cars.
That said, the new (enlarged) plan is going to be adding two small...
-
F
Thanks guys. Is ~4% grade too much? After doing some more research, I've been seeing numbers between 2 and 3%. I won't be running long trains here and I'm trying to get the most elevation as possible packed into the space (to fit my rocky mountain theme).
I went back out to the location where...
-
F
This is my first attempt at designing a layout. I'm open to all criticism/suggestions/ideas/opinions.
This layout is a "scenic view" only layout. It's simply to run a train through a mountainous view. I want to take advantage of tunnels, bridges, and elevation changes. The layout is an L-shape...
-
F
I'm more-or-less a newbie here. My only experience has been with HO scale about 10 year ago on a 4x4 square layout (not enough room for what I was really wanting to do!). I'm now to a point where I want to try again and I am planning an N scale layout.
Based on the [bad] experience I had with...
-
F
Wow! You guys are awesome. WAY more input that I ever would have expected!
I did some more research and planning yesterday and N scale is most definitely the way I am going to go. I went out to the shed yesterday and did a dust analysis of some stuff that hasn't been used in a while. It...
-
F
Thanks everyone. Unfortunately, I don't have a hobby shop way out here where I live and the nearest club is over 2 hours away. I've owned HO and I've personally seen N scale, though. Z scale I have never seen in person. I'm still a young fella so small parts are no problem. I think I've pretty...
-
F
Forgive me if I get a bit long winded here. Bottom line is I'm looking for opinions/advice on the best scale to use in my situation.
I'm not entirely new to the hobby; I had a super small 4x4 HO kit setup about 10 years ago. It wasn't very impressive, but was all I could handle at the time due...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)