Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. H

    Some questions about scale.......

    Jim - a thorough and interesting response. I thank you. Fortunately I live close to probably one of the best model RR shops in the country (English's in Montoursville, PA) so I'll have a look see. I was leaning towards O-27 but you are right about the toy-like appearance. Still I like the...
  2. H

    Some questions about scale.......

    Thanks for your reply Trucla. Incidentally, I hang around musicians posing as a bass player. I will investigate the S scale and "blackened" rail track.
  3. H

    Some questions about scale.......

    My first question here received a lot of good answers and I thank you all. Before I go out and spend my hard earned money I am trying to diligently study so that I pick the correct scale for modeling my layout. I have considered cost of all the major scales and have decided that quality over...
  4. H

    Chasing Trains on the CIOR

    Beautiful pictures. Very inspiring to one whose layout is still in his head.
  5. H

    Starting Over! Need advice!

    Thanks Joe!
  6. H

    Starting Over! Need advice!

    I don't know what it is about me and trains. Always has been a fascination. When I lived in W VA I used to go to Grafton and sit for hours and just watch. I am excited about getting started. I am weighing all the advice. As soon as I sell some items from my other (politically incorrect to...
  7. H

    Starting Over! Need advice!

    I don't know if it is proper to ask here but please feel free to PM if you have an amount in mind. I LIKE the layout diagrams you attached. Thanks.
  8. H

    Starting Over! Need advice!

    Always some wisdom in that - thanks nof!
  9. H

    Starting Over! Need advice!

    Thanks, all, for the responses so far. On a lark I purchased a Spokane, Portland & Seattle double door box car from Ebay in 0-27 to see what I think. I will make a couple of trips to some locally great trains stores and see what ideas they have to get me started!
  10. H

    Starting Over! Need advice!

    When I was younger (30 years ago) I starting collecting N-scale box cars. Then I had a little HO. I even dabbled in true-O scale. Now, I am starting over! (I have nothing at present) Being older and using reading glasses I need larger equipment. I didn't like the expense, turning radius, and...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top