Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. G

    Seperating gravel driveways and grass?

    I plan on putting in some gravel driveways and parking lots. Whats the best way to apply both without getting grass over the gravel or vice versa. Is it better to put the gravel down first, or the grass. Thanks, Gerry
  2. G

    Can someone post a pic of the difference between blended and coarse turf

    Thanks for the replys. GrampysTrains, can you tell me what color ballast that is in that photo? Thanks
  3. G

    Can someone post a pic of the difference between blended and coarse turf

    Installed on there layout. Thanks, it would be appreciated
  4. G

    Is it a must to paint plywood before adding scenery?

    I guess the big question is will the scenery with the scenic cement stick to the board. Kind of assuming it will if it sticks to the cork road bed?
  5. G

    Is it a must to paint plywood before adding scenery?

    I have all my track laid out on a nice piece of cabinet grade plywood. I am getting ready to add scenery, (grass, gravel, etc). Would there be a problem of just adding it to the board as far as the scenic cement sticking to it? Im assuming the paint is for the color of the wood to show through...
  6. G

    Have trouble with sidewalk to make it smooth.

    Anyone tried this This stuff looks pretty good and its flexible. Anyone have pics of it. http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/171-682...
  7. G

    Loco's slowing over Turnouts

    After all that the problem was simple Kind of embarrassing what the problem was. My .75 inch plywood warped (crowned, higher in the middle) As the loco would go down or up the grade the voltage would change, making me think I had an electrical problem. Didnt notice this standing over the...
  8. G

    Athearn F7B rolling resistance

    I have a new F7B Athearn and it seems to roll with a little more resistance than other cars. Any one else experience this. Dont see anything rubbing. I lubbed it and its no better. Thanks,
  9. G

    Loco's slowing over Turnouts

    Definately electrical If I run the loco backwards it does the opposite(speeds up through the turnouts and slows on the curves) Tried different power packs and locos all do the same. With the loco running I do see the voltage drop or increase as the loco goes arround. Voltage fluctuates about .5...
  10. G

    Loco's slowing over Turnouts

    pic of layout Here is the layout. While running counter clockwise it will start to slow on the outer leg curved section just before turnout #2 and continue untill its past turnout #4. It does not slow to a crawl but it is definately noticable. They are Atlas #4 turnouts. I have checked the...
  11. G

    Loco's slowing over Turnouts

    Kind of weird thing is happening on my layout that I just finished. The locos will slow slightly just before the turnouts, over them, and slightly after. And more so where I have 2 turnouts back to back. Ive checked the voltage with a meter at several spots and it is the same wherever I check...
  12. G

    Old with the new, Coupler Question. Nube.

    Thanks for the response Im 80% sure I need the Kadee #5's for the conversion? I looked at the kadee site for a while and thats what I come up with.
  13. G

    Old with the new, Coupler Question. Nube.

    Dug out my old Athearn cars and locos. Can these old couplers be used with todays couplers? Be kind of a pain if I buy a new car or loco and have to replace all the couplers on the old stuff. If they do have to be replaced I looked on Kadee's website and it looks like the #5 will plug right in...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top